Title: Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The ISSM will manage the company’s information assurance program through security authorization activities in compliance with Risk Management Framework (RMF). Maintains operational security posture to ensure information systems (IS) security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed. Performs auditing, vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support Assessment & Authorization (A&A). Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware. Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes. Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, A&A packages, and Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM). Provide IT support to group as needed.
Key Functions /Responsibilities:
- Apply full range of Information Assurance (IA) policies, principals and techniques to maintain security integrity of information systems processing classified information.
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades.
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Develop and maintain documentation for A&A in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation.
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware.
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system.
- Provide support for a program or organization’s information assurance program.
- This position requires strong customer service and communication skills in order effectively interact with the technical staff and sponsor representatives.
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance is required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science or other related technical field from an accredited program
- 5 years’ experience as a systems administrator managing a Windows environment (Microsoft certifications are a plus)
- Experience with RMF, CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53, and NISPOM. Experience with Security
Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC), and knowledge of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs).
Additional Knowledge / Experience a Plus:
- Knowledge of Windows AD, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, WSUS, VPNs, certificate-based security, Exchange, Hyper-V, fail-over clusters, storage solutions/management, network load balancing
- Experience with IIS, SQL Server, TFS, Symantec Endpoint Protection, firewalls and IDS/IPS security, two-factor authentication
- Experience in writing software scripts to automate recurring tasks
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D