Job Title: Senior Detailer, Mechanical
Location: Westminster, Colorado
Department: MEP Virtual Design Team
Trimble’s MEP Virtual Design Team is looking for a Senior Plumbing & Hydronic Piping Detailing Technician. This position will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the MEP VDC Team, including leading a small team of detailers, delegating and QCing work and deliverables, leading coordination meetings, holding team members accountable for work performed, assist in 3D coordination and modeling, work closely with clients to clarify client's needs, build relationships and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Leading a team of both Detailers and Junior Detailers, responsible for delegating associated work as well as QCing work performed. Mentoring, coaching and providing feedback to team for continual growth & development.
- Familiarize oneself with Statement of Work and clearly communicate scope to detailing team
- Reviewing construction documents, specifications and submittals for proper implementation into the project, communicate requirements to detailing team and identify any conflicting information and bring to the client's attention.
- Advanced design and detailing specific to plumbing and piping trades utilizing a variety of 3D authoring software including Revit, CAD FAB MEP, Trimble Pipe Designer 3D and/or Trimble Sysque, in-depth knowledge of plumbing codes both international and local to the project location.
- Extensive coordination work utilizing Navisworks Manage including model setup with clash detection, regular updates and audits of the models utilizing Sherlock software, identifying viewpoints and giving direction to detailing team.
- Leading coordination meetings and participation in all other project-related meetings.
- Generate, develop, review, log and assist in managing RFI’s, submittals, contract documents & specification information.
- Consistent review of coordination and baseline construction schedules to ensure alignment.
- Monitor modeling work and report status to Project Managers.
- Identify and discuss change orders with the Project Manager.
- Develop estimates based off 2D construction drawings and 3D design models.
- Effectively communicate with external stakeholders during the coordination and construction process.
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to ensure the satisfaction of deliverables.
- 3D CAD and BIM research and troubleshooting.
- Ability to effectively lead and build a high performing team.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Hard-working, self-motivated, professional demeanor and conduct.
- Must be highly organized and able to multitask effectively.
- Commitment to detail, deadlines and goal-oriented.
- Possession of analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Innovative mindset to initiate continuous improvement among team.
- Plumbing and Piping experience on commercial or industrial projects required.
- Experience in prefabrication detailing and design.
- Revit, Fabrication CADmep and/or Trimble PipeDesigner 3D software experience required.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Solid understanding of the construction industry and processes with a working background in construction trades or supervisory experience with a general contractor or large subcontractor.
- Extensive knowledge of Structural and MEP trades shop drawings, common field problems and how to resolve them.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of previous commercial construction experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years working for plumbing, mechanical or electrical contractor.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D