Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting a Lead Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Christchurch, NZ.
The Lead Software Engineer will be a key member of the New Zealand Geospatial development group that is responsible for delivering significant user facing GIS functionality across the division’s TerraFlex based product line.
- Being responsible for releasing quality products.
- Taking a lead role in mobile (Android, iOS & Windows) application development.
- Taking a lead role in the architectural evolution of the TerraFlex system.
- Working with the project team to set project goals, milestones, and tasks.
- Developing & maintaining estimates to support scheduling & tracking.
- Running the engineering team to achieve the desired results.
- Working with marketing, testers, domain experts & support staff.
- Maintaining source code, documentation and other work assets.
Skills / Competencies:
- Proven Application Developer in a production environment using a range of tools & languages.
- Design and development of significant product features. (seeing both the big picture & the details)
- Able to drive and influence a culture of technical excellence and achievement.
- Ensure all code is of high-quality and well tested.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in computer science, engineering or other relevant Software Engineering discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience, with recent senior or lead experience in a production environment.
- Experience in the following is desirable;
- Android or iOS design & development using Xamarin.
- Current native mobile UI / UX design philosophies.
- Kanban-style agile environments.
- Bonus points for: knowledge of .NET Core, Atlassian products, RESTful APIs, Trunk Based Development, Angular 2+, C++, Mobile GIS or survey.
Note: Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning,modelling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability.
From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.