Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting a Senior Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Christchurch, NZ.
The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of the New Zealand Geospatial development group that is responsible for delivering significant user facing GIS functionality across the division’s product range.
You will be responsible for building innovative solutions in software to meet defined requirements.
- Working with the project team to identify/clarify project goals, establish useful milestones, and develop a breakdown of the engineering tasks to be performed.
- Working effectively with the project team, the application domain experts, and other software developers, to develop against requirements defined at a high level.
- Taking a lead role in mobile application development. During the development process, develops engineering effort/schedule estimates to support overall project scheduling, project tracking, and delivering production-level software per regular release cycles.
- Demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed.
- Participating in technical/design reviews as required by the project framework.
- Working with testers, application specialists & support staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Maintaining documentation, source code, and other work products necessary for the project.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong App Developer skills in a production environment using a range of tools & languages. (including C#/C++, Xamarin, Atlassian products, and Trunk Based Development)
- Design and development of significant new features.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs to connect iOS and Android applications to back-end services.
- Ability to collaborate and mentor, with a proven track record of bringing together a team to deliver agile products.
- Drive and influence a culture of technical excellence and integration.
- Ensure all code is of high-quality and well tested.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in computer science, engineering or other relevant Software Engineering discipline, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in application software development, chiefly in a team environment, with recent leadership experience.
- Experience in the following is desirable;- Android or iOS design & development using Xamarin in a production environment.-
- Current native mobile UI / UX design philosophies.- Using RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services.
- Familiarity with web browser-based UI software in HTML/CSS/Angular 2+.
- Windows, Linux or iOS development using OOP languages (C*).
- Kanban-style agile environments.
- Bonus points for: .NET Core, Atlassian products, Angular2+, Mobile GIS or survey knowledge.
Note: Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability.
From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.