Trimble is recruiting for a Control Systems Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
About Trimble Agriculture
Trimble's Agriculture Division is a leader in precision agriculture, GNSS and guidance solutions that help customers operate farm machinery more efficiently, save on input costs and increase yield and productivity. Trimble solutions include vehicle and implement guidance and steering; application control for seed, liquid and granular products; laser and GNSS based water management technology; and harvest solutions. To ensure better decision making, Trimble also offers an integrated operations management solution called Connected Farm that provides information exchange across the entire farm using industry-leading software and hardware.
Trimble is looking to hire a strong software controls engineer for vehicle automation. Trimble Agriculture has been a leader in precision self-steering semi-autonomous vehicle systems for over a decade and wants to continue its lead in developing innovative and intelligent vehicle automation solutions. This role will be critical to developing market-leading products and solutions; working closely with systems engineers, UI, software and firmware engineers, hardware engineers and product marketing.
Measures of Success
- Design, develop and validate technical requirements, architecture, and algorithms for vehicle automation and vehicle guidance
- Design, develop, implement and verify software and firmware
- Define and document test cases and procedures
- Experience designing and implementing state estimators and control systems
- Experience with integrating positioning and inertial sensor technologies
- Experience developing real-time embedded control systems firmware/software
- Mastery of object-oriented software design and implementation using C/C++
- Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Some experience with source revision control and build systems (git, gcc, make, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or similar discipline, plus a minimum of 4 years of work experience.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or similar discipline, plus a minimum of 2 years of work experience
Desired / Preferred Skills
- Development of systems that meet international standards for functional safety
- Off-road vehicle development experience.
- Familiarity with data communication protocols, including TCP/IP, CAN and/or RS-232.
- Some experience working in Python
- Experience developing path planners, optimal control techniques, etc.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D