Title: Senior GPS Systems Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The systems engineer is responsible for the product and interface specifications, and the correct implementation of the system requirements by the receiver hardware, software, and mechanical subsystems. This individual will be a Subject Matter Expert working closely with customers to support their integration and use of the receivers, to generate supporting data for proposals, and to align the product specification with the customer and program requirements.
The systems engineer will work with internal teams to ensure the accuracy of the product specification, to manage the allocation of hardware, software, performance, and environmental requirements, and to ensure the verification strategy and the engineering deliverables meet the requirements. Working with the certification, CM, and QA leads, this candidate will also ensure that the deliverable system meets the design assurance and certification standards, and that the implementation follows the product development process.
The successful applicant will have:
- BS (MS preferred) in EE, CS, or equivalent and 7 years’ experience in systems engineering following certification strategies
- Expertise with embedded system engineering
- System spec and ICD management
- Requirements management, decomposition, flow down, and tracing
- Project and schedule management
- System verification and qualification
- System-level perspective with command of hardware, software, and system design and development processes
- Demonstrated excellence in customer interactions to establish confidence and rapport, clarify and align requirements expectations, prepare and present design review material, and support customer integrations.
- Demonstrated CM and QA discipline managing requirements-based development processes leading to product certification.
- Collaborative, team-oriented contributor with demonstrated ability to think outside the box to achieve goals and deliver results efficiently
- Must demonstrate strong communication, organization, planning, and documentation skills
Proficiency and fluency with the following tools is also required:
- MS Office 2016 and later (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); MS Project, MS Visio
- Requirements management tools (DOORS, LDRA, or equivalent)
- Defect tracking tools and source control tools
Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance is required. Applicants must clearly indicate any previous DoD security clearance activity.
Trimble is the market leader in precision high-performance GPS aviation systems. We are seeking a self-motivated systems engineer with disciplined implementation and analytical skills to join the engineering team. In this position you will join a tight-knit team of talented developers in a stable and supportive work environment, where you can quickly see the positive impact of your efforts. You will interact closely with software, hardware, firmware, mechanical, and test teams to continue widening our performance advantage in leading-edge GPS systems.
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. In addition, Trimble Navigation Limited participates in the DHS E-Verify program. M/F/V/D