Title: QA Engineer (Mobile Platforms)
Location: Westminster, CO
Department: Autonomous Solutions
Duration: Up to 12 months
Trimble has over 20 years of experience in the industry of automating construction and agriculture machinery with solutions that range from controlling bulldozer blades to steering farm tractors. This position will be responsible for performing QA of the automation software running on the agriculture and construction machinery.
Candidates will be tasked with testing components that automate construction and agriculture machinery. Strong candidates will need to own the strategy as well as conduct test cycles and be the gatekeeper to releasing quality software to the outside world. Strong communication skills and the ability to derive tests from customer requirements are a must for this position.
- Ensure the quality of the product using a combination of manual and automation tests.
- Work with the product team to understand the requirements / solution and help with the test strategy.
- Create, document and manage test cases to ensure test coverage against the product definitions.
- Conduct test plans on releases and produce reports.
- Collect quality metric data and analyse trends, root cause.
- Conduct release audits.
- Record, track defects using standard bug tracking tools.
- Work with CI teams to run automated tests and iterate on the Continuous Integration process.
- Help automation engineers with developing / validating UI automation tests.
- Hop on a agricultural / construction machine and test autonomous operations.
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent
- 4+ years experience in software development / testing.
- Experience testing user interfaces on mobile platforms.
- Experience with Agile (scrum) development practices.
- Ability to work with changing requirements under a time sensitive schedule.
- Working experience with using CI systems and automation tools.
- Proficient in Python.
- Experience working with Jenkins, Bamboo, or other CI system.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of Quality Management systems (IATF 16949 / ISO 9001)
- Knowledge of Root cause analysis techniques / tools such as 5 Whys, Fishbone etc.
- Experience in the construction industry including survey, machinery, or project management
- Experience with autonomous vehicles, drones or robotics
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework practices
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D