Title: Network Engineer
Department: Corp IS
Act as network lead for planning, designing, and implementing networked systems. The candidate will be involved in troubleshooting and maintaining both in-house and vendor networks connections including configurations, supporting/troubleshooting network problems, and coordinating with vendors for installation of such items as direct internet access (DIA) circuits, MPLS circuits as well as configuring routers, switches, wireless access points and other devices or technologies as required. Responsible for project planning, cost analysis, and vendor comparisons.
- Operational support and incident resolution.
- Work with a team to design, implement and support Trimble's worldwide network infrastructure.
- Architect / design and integrate LAN/WAN solutions.
- Develop and maintain standard configurations, procedures and guidelines for installing and operating voice & data services.
- Participate in capacity planning and technology reviews with the Network Infrastructure team.
- Maintain the network infrastructure to high levels of availability with basic and expedited support to resolve networking related issues.
- Interface with ISP and carriers to install/commission/test new WAN/Internet circuits at remote sites, as well as interface with vendors to identify hardware & software requirements to meet business requirements.
- Design, manage and maintain in building wireless networks.
- Occasional on-call duties.
- Travel: 50%.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Team player
- Willingness to learn and continue education.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or equivalent education, training or work experience.
- Proven competence in the development, implementation and maintenance of complex network systems with 2+ years’ experience in a networking enterprise environment.
- Experience with global enterprise networks is preferred.
- Cisco certifications:
- CCNA - Routing and Switching or CCNA - Security
- CCNP / CCIE Routing and Switching greatly preferred
- Other industry certifications / training is greatly desired (examples, CEH, CISSP, MCP, etc)
- Experience with the following technologies in design/implement/troubleshooting capacity is essential:
- LAN: Switching - Cisco IOS/Nexus, VLANs, STP/RSTP, CoS, QoS, Ether-channel/Trunking,etc.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches is required, experience with Dell and HP switches desired.
- Routing: BGP, EIGRP, HSRP or VRRP, PBR, etc.
- WAN: T1/Multi-T1, PTP, MPLS, MetroEthernet, etc.
- VPN Solutions: IOS/ASA based L2L and Client access VPN, DMVPN.
- Network Management and WAN Optimization: Load balancing/Acceleration experience desired. Working knowledge of Silver Peak SD-WAN solutions desired.
- Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad, etc and other new/emerging standards. Wireless network design and administration required, experience with AeroHive wireless solutions is greatly desired.
- Authentication solutions including Cisco ACS/RADIUS/TACACS /Certificates(PKI) greatly desired.
- Network troubleshooting using packet capture and analysis using tools such as Wireshark.
- ITIL/ITSM desired but not required.
- Experience with a CAPWAP based wireless management system is required. Experience with Aerohive wireless systems is preferred.
- Proven experience in setting up new site networks, including racking, installing, configuring LAN/WAN/VoIP hardware/circuits, testing/troubleshooting network connectivity/performance and documentation.
- Experience with SolarWinds monitoring/management products or other monitoring systems greatly desired.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D