Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Boulder, CO
If you’ve ever used SketchUp, you know it’s special software: 3D modeling that’s easy to learn, intuitive to use, and accessible to everyone. Try it out for free at app.sketchup.com
The SketchUp team in Boulder, CO is looking for a highly skilled, highly motivated DevOps Engineer. The position is a member of the SketchUp Operations team and is responsible for maintaining and improving mission critical systems that the SketchUp engineering teams rely on. This is a unique role offering a wide variety of challenges, and requires working face-to-face with the SketchUp team on a daily basis.
About SketchUp, a Boulder startup all grown up
Part of Trimble, SketchUp is one of the most popular 3D modeling and design tools in the world. Today, millions of architects, engineers, contractors, woodworkers, artists, and other creatives use our software to design transit centers, treehouses, and everything in between. We support a healthy work/life balance and high-quality standards for software and coffee. Our office is conveniently located right off the Boulder Creek Path.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
- Develop and maintain SketchUp’s package management system built on Conan.
- Update and maintain 3rd party libraries.
- Develop and maintain SketchUp’s desktop installers for Windows and Mac and maintain the build automation processes for creating and testing installers in all languages.
- Maintain and improve SketchUp’s continuous integration system.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer, release engineer, DevOps engineer, or similar.
- Experience with a decentralized package manager encompassing a client-server architecture.
- Experience developing in Python.
- Familiarity with Git based source code repository.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and release engineering best practices.
- Passion and creativity for developing tools and automating workflows to improve productivity for software development teams.
- Ability to collaborate and participate as a positive-minded team player in a high functioning, customer-centric internal service organization.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to independently troubleshoot under pressure.
- Experience with Conan package management.
- Experience with JFrog Artifactory.
- Experience with configuring InstallShield and InstallAnywhere desktop installers for Windows and Mac.
- Familiarity with compiled languages such as Java and C++, and their build systems for Windows (Visual Studio) and Mac (XCode).
- Experience with developing mission-critical tools and infrastructure designed for scalability and reliability.
- Experience administering development process tools like code review systems and bug databases.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash and Ruby.
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, and Bamboo.
- Familiarity with the principles of computer security.
- Familiarity with software internationalization/localization.
- Experience with AWS server configuration, scaling, and maintenance.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D