Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
The Team & Our Products
The Ag In-Field-Solutions engineering team builds precision farming systems, including displays and automated guidance systems for agricultural vehicles. Farmers use our guidance systems to automatically steer their tractors with highly accurate GPS/GNSS based control. Our display systems automatically control farm implements performing operations like planting seeds, spraying fertilizer and measuring crop yield, in an optimal way based on soil conditions and agronomist prescriptions. Our displays send the farm data to our web-based farm and fleet management system Trimble Ag Business Software. We save water, fuel, chemicals and time and increase crop yields along the way.
Your role will involve designing and implementing new features and improving existing functionality in our agricultural GPS/GNSS receivers and display systems. These GNSS receivers run embedded systems software on a real-time operating system and communicate with external devices via several communication channels and protocols.
- Design and implement new software features for our GNSS receivers
- Work with the hardware team to design and manufacture new GNSS receiver hardware
- Develop GNSS receiver algorithms, and integrate algorithms from other teams
- Work with customers, dealers and sales teams to improve our GNSS receiver performance
- Proficiency in 'C' and ‘C++’
- Programming in embedded systems
- Understanding of Real-Time Operating Systems
- Embedded systems algorithm development
- GNSS receiver development
- History of working with serial or CAN protocols (No Specifics are necessary, just the basic concepts)
- Experience with device drivers
- GDB/GCC toolchain and hardware debuggers
- Development in Visual Studio
- Android Development
- BS in Science, Engineering or related field and 7+ years of work experience
- MS in Science, Engineering or related field and 5+ years of work experience
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D