Trigger invents unrivaled mixed reality experiences for the world’s top brands. From major marketing campaigns to powerful enterprise solutions, our work combines premiere content with the latest technology, blending physical and digital worlds in innovative yet measurable ways.
Founded in 2005, Trigger is a Los Angeles-based agency with more than 175,000 hours of development in AR, VR, and XR. Trigger is a showcase developer for Snap, Vuforia, Google, Avegant, and ODG. Our portfolio includes work for Disney, Lucasfilm, Sony Pictures, LEGO, Honda, Adidas, NBA, and many more high-profile clients.
Trigger is looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for mobile application and game development. Our ideal candidate is looking for a place to belong and put down roots. In this role you’ll help create cutting-edge toys, games, and sites based on Augmented Reality and other future technologies. You’ll get to experience some terrific brands with our amazing roster of clients like Disney, Lucasfilm, Sony Pictures, LEGO, Honda, Adidas, NBA and more. This role is part of our Technology department and reports to our Senior Director of Technology.
- Passion for mobile web site and game development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with responsive web development using HTML5, JS, CSS3 (SASS/SCSS)
- Experience with Angular/React/Vue or similar
- Browserstack testing
- Integrating RESTful APIs using AJAX and JSON
- Integrating Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and other services
- Command line build tools, including npm, gulp/grunt/webpack and node.js
- Site loading and performance optimization techniques
- Agile development using JIRA and Git source control
- Experience with Augmented Reality technologies like A-Frame, threejs, Sumerian or other libraries and frameworks
- Experience with OpenGL
- Experience with Data Exchange (e.g. XML, JSON, dynamic content), MySQL, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working on 3D games
- Experience working on Mobile Applications (iOS or Android)
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
At Trigger, we care deeply about maintaining a positive culture, as emphasized in our Core Values:
- Foster innovation and embrace change
- Take action and work hard
- Strive for excellence
- Value individuals
- Work better together
- Commit to integrity
- Enjoy the work
- Be kind, be considerate, do good
We also have some fun perks:
- Located near Sawtelle Blvd., where lunch is always walking distance to some of the best restaurants (especially ramen) in the city
- We keep a well-stocked snack and soda supply to keep energized throughout the day
- We respect time off, with flexibility for remote work during the holiday season
- We love company-wide outings and events, which have previously included Dodger games and bowling nights
- We’re often geeking out about our opportunities to read movie scripts, see early film screenings, and handle super-secret prototype toys
- During our downtime, we can sometimes be found building LEGO sets, playing our Super Street Fighter II Turbo arcade machine (no quarters required!), or role-playing in our ongoing Dungeons & Dragons campaign
- Benefits currently include fully covered HMO (PPO option also available with employee participation), dental and vision insurance for you and your family, and a monthly gym membership reimbursement
And last but not least, Trigger greatly values diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to consider themselves for this role. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you. Please tell us a little bit about yourself and be sure to include your RESUME (cover letter is optional, but appreciated) along with WORK SAMPLES and/or portfolio link.