Trigger invents unrivaled mixed reality experiences for the world’s top brands. From major marketing campaigns to powerful enterprise solutions, our work combines premiere content with the latest technology, blending physical and digital worlds in innovative yet measurable ways.
Founded in 2005, Trigger is a Los Angeles-based agency with more than 150,000 hours of development in AR, VR, and XR. Trigger is a showcase developer for Snap, Vuforia, Google, Avegant, and ODG. Our portfolio includes work for Disney, Lucasfilm, Sony Pictures, LEGO, Honda, Adidas, NBA, and many more high-profile clients.
Trigger is looking for a 3D Generalist with a passion for all things 3D. Our ideal candidate is looking for a place to belong and put down roots. In this role you’ll help create 3D for cutting-edge toys, mobile games, and applications based on Augmented Reality and other future technologies. You’ll get to experience some terrific brands with our amazing roster of clients. This role is part of our 3D department and reports to our Senior Director of Technology.
- Sculpt high-poly 3D characters and objects
- Create low-poly 3D characters and objects for use in mobile AR applications
- Rig and animate 3D characters and objects
- Create textures for 3D assets using Photoshop or Substance Painter
- Import 3D assets into Unity
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Developers, and Producers to ensure all aspects of the project are at the highest quality
- Contribute to overall office morale, spirit, character, and work quality
- A strong 3D generalist with a solid understanding of all facets of 3D development
- Extensive 3D portfolio of assets created for Unity games or interactive experiences
- Proficient in Maya
- Proficient in optimizing models for AR, online gaming, and other real-time and digital media in the Unity engine
- Ability to create a visually appealing model with a low poly count and limited textures/materials
- Ability to rig and animate a character model to have natural motion
- Ability to create a variety of 3D styles from realistic to cartoony to simplistic
- Experience with Git or other version control
- Unity skills are a big plus!
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of an initiative or project with little supervision (i.e. can take a concept and “run with it”)
- Strong conceptual abilities as well as an ability to execute
- Team player who has good communication skills and works well with others (no egos please!)
- A love for the intersection of tech, entertainment, toys, games, and pop culture
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
At Trigger, we care deeply about maintaining a positive culture, as emphasized in our Core Values:
- Foster innovation and embrace change
- Take action and work hard
- Strive for excellence
- Value individuals
- Work better together
- Commit to integrity
- Enjoy the work
- Be kind, be considerate, do good
We also have some fun perks:
- Located near Sawtelle Blvd., where lunch is always walking distance to some of the best restaurants (especially ramen) in the city
- We keep a well-stocked snack and soda supply to keep energized throughout the day
- We respect time off, with flexibility for remote work during the holiday season
- We love company-wide outings and events, which have previously included Dodger games and bowling nights
- We’re often geeking out about our opportunities to read movie scripts, see early film screenings, and handle super-secret prototype toys
- During our downtime, we can sometimes be found building LEGO sets, playing our Super Street Fighter II Turbo arcade machine (no quarters required!), or role-playing in our ongoing Dungeons & Dragons campaign
- Benefits currently include fully covered HMO (PPO option also available with employee participation), dental and vision insurance for you and your family, and a monthly gym membership reimbursement
And last but not least, Trigger greatly values diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to consider themselves for this role. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you. Please tell us a little bit about yourself and be sure to include your RESUME (cover letter is optional, but appreciated) along with WORK SAMPLES and/or portfolio link.