Trigger invents unrivaled mixed reality experiences for the world’s top brands. From major marketing campaigns to powerful enterprise solutions, our work combines premiere content with the latest technology, blending physical and digital worlds in innovative yet measurable ways.
Founded in 2005, Trigger is a Los Angeles-based agency with more than 150,000 hours of development in AR, VR, and XR. Trigger is a showcase developer for Snap, Vuforia, Google, Avegant, and ODG. Our portfolio includes work for Disney, Lucasfilm, Sony Pictures, LEGO, Honda, Adidas, NBA, and many more high-profile clients.
Trigger is looking for an Art Director with a passion for technology and excellent communication skills. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player who can provide clear direction, build on their designs, and push a creative vision through to completion. In this role, you’ll add your unique creative input to cutting-edge initiatives including: mobile apps, augmented and virtual reality experiences, games, sites, and prototypes for an amazing roster of clients. This role is part of our Creative department and reports to our VP Creative Director.
- Participate in and conduct brainstorms for new project pitches
- Establish visual tone and messaging that will effectively communicate with the target audience to fulfill the project goals
- Act as the most senior and hands-on creative representative at a project level
- Present creative-related concepts and deliverables to the client
- Work with internal teams on development requirements such as timelines and resources
- Communicate at the production level with the project manager, designers, and developers
- Oversee freelance designers / artists as necessary
- Contribute to overall office morale, spirit, character, and work quality
- Experience managing workload and functioning on a milestone basis with a Project Manager and Creative Director
- Overall good sense of project and time management
- Ability to manage a small team of designers and/or production artists
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Sketch, and InDesign
- Experience with augmented reality, virtual reality, mobile app UX/UI, and casual gaming is preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies and JIRA is a plus
- A love for the intersection of tech, entertainment, toys, games, and pop culture
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
At Trigger, we care deeply about maintaining a positive culture, as emphasized in our Core Values:
- Foster innovation and embrace change
- Take action and work hard
- Strive for excellence
- Value individuals
- Work better together
- Commit to integrity
- Enjoy the work
- Be kind, be considerate, do good
We also have some fun perks:
- Located near Sawtelle Blvd., where lunch is always walking distance to some of the best restaurants (especially ramen) in the city
- We keep a well-stocked snack and soda supply to keep energized throughout the day
- We respect time off, with flexibility for remote work during the holiday season
- We love company-wide outings and events, which have previously included Dodger games and bowling nights
- We’re often geeking out about our opportunities to read movie scripts, see early film screenings, and handle super-secret prototype toys
- During our downtime, we can sometimes be found building LEGO sets, playing our Super Street Fighter II Turbo arcade machine (no quarters required!), or role-playing in our ongoing Dungeons & Dragons campaign
- Benefits currently include fully covered HMO (PPO option also available with employee participation), dental and vision insurance for you and your family, and a monthly gym membership reimbursement
And last but not least, Trigger greatly values diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to consider themselves for this role. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you. Please tell us a little bit about yourself and be sure to include your RESUME (cover letter is optional, but appreciated) along with WORK SAMPLES and/or portfolio link.