TRIGGER is looking for a DIRECTOR OF 3D, a senior-level department manager that will define and guide the 3D teams that contribute to our high-profile augmented reality, mixed reality and virtual reality experiences.
This is a full time salaried position in our Los Angeles office.
- Experience hiring, supervising and coaching 3D artists -- with a proven record of mentoring teams towards growth and promotion.
- Resource allocation -- juggling the time of our in-house staff and external partners; Looking ahead and planning for upcoming projects.
- Have strong conceptual abilities as well as an ability to manage 3D production.
- Possess a strong network & library of 3D resources (teams, tools, freelancers, etc.).
- Extensive 3D portfolio.
- Game or Interactive industry experience.
- Should be enthusiastic and immersed in movies, mobile technology, games, comics, superheroes and other pop culture that fuel our clients and projects.
- A strong 3D generalist, with a solid understanding of all facets of 3D development.
- Proficient in Maya.
- Proficient in optimizing models for AR, online gaming, and other real-time and digital media.
- Ability to create a visually appealing model with a low poly count.
- Ability to rig and animate a character model to have natural motion.
- Ability to create a variety of 3D styles - from realistic, to cartoony, to simplistic.
- Unity skills are a big plus.
- Experience with Git or other version control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Craft and implement a Resource Roadmap for our 3D teams (e.g., how and when do we hire in-house artists, freelancers and partner studios across the next 12 months?).
- Establish 3D quality standards and guidelines to be used internally and with external partners.
- Estimate 3D effort for new projects.
- Write and review RFPs for our partner studios and freelancers.
- Source and qualify new partner studios and freelancers; Maintain relationships, standards and workflow expectations.
- Coordinate, review and oversee work from internal and external 3D partners
- Collaborate on the integration of 3D work (in conjunction with the developers and head of technology).
- Help define the art style for a project after being given initial creative direction; Provide concrete actionable feedback on assets and empower our 3D artists to successfully deliver.
- Work with our art directors and software engineers to execute the creative vision for each project; ; Establish and guide visual tone and direction for our 3D teams to follow.
- Work with project teams to develop and plan for 3D specifications, timelines and resources.
- Communicate at the production level with the project manager, designers and production artists.
Trigger Global: The Mixed Reality Agency™
Trigger invents unrivaled mixed reality experiences for the world’s top brands. From major marketing campaigns to powerful enterprise solutions, our work combines premiere content with the latest technology, blending physical and digital worlds in innovative yet measurable ways.
- Over 125,000 hours of AR/VR/XR development
- Offices in Los Angeles and Aarhus (Denmark)
- Clients include: LEGO, Google, Visa, Honda, Nike, NBA, Disney, Lucasfilm, Mattel, Warner Bros.
- Showcase development partners for Snap, Google and Vuforia
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a RESUME and COVER LETTER including samples and contact information.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Our West Los Angeles office is located near the intersection of the 405 and 10 Freeways.
Only qualified candidates will receive a response.
*International candidates must hold a valid US working visa to apply.
Trigger values diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to consider themselves for this role. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.