Backend Software Engineer
Trifacta, a world-class startup from San Francisco, is looking for a talented and dedicated Backend Software Engineer to join our team in Berlin, Germany. You will work as part of a team that builds end-to-end functionality, developing scalable solutions for processing big data, implementing changes in our backend services and APIs, and ensuring that our product is smoothly deployed and operating in cloud and on-premise environments. Above all, your work will impact how the world works with data.
What we are looking for
- Experience building, deploying and operating large, scalable and reliable cloud services
- Experience troubleshooting problems in on-call situations (e.g. with Incident Command)
- Strong software engineering background
- English language fluency, excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamplayer
- Implement backend services and APIs
- Improve and extend our cloud deployment configuration, automation and monitoring
- Conduct periodic on call duties as part of an on-call rotation using a follow-the-sun model
- Support our sales team in customer deployments and POCs
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team in our office in Berlin, Germany
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with REST and web service design
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Advanced understanding of distributed systems
What you can expect from us
- You will work in a multicultural, friendly team on one of the most exciting opportunities in the data space.
- We will help you grow your skills through mentorships and education support. Our environment is focussed on collaboration and learning.
- You will have a direct impact on the success of our projects.
- You will work from our brand-new offices in Berlin Mitte.
- You can visit our headquarters in San Francisco at least once a year.
- We offer relocation support.
Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s Big Data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. Trifacta is backed by venture capital firms Accel, Greylock and Ignition Partners and is headquartered in San Francisco.