Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
At Trifacta, we’re designing a product for a growing group of users who have a very real pain. Cleaning and structuring data is both a crucial and difficult activity, a process that traditionally requires a huge amount of time and effort. We believe that transforming data shouldn’t be a painful problem and that user-centered design is particularly well suited to creating simple, intuitive, and enjoyable solutions. This is a lofty goal in a space that is traditionally deprived of usable products.
As designers, we recognize, perhaps more than anybody else, the value of professional tools capable not only to accommodate our needs but also to empower and inspire us in our everyday work. Our mission (and our passion) is providing our users with these same great experiences. And our target users are tough ones: smart, skilled, incredibly task-driven data analysts with unique mental models. We are facing big challenges here: building modern data tools for a large variety of users and needs in a complex and incredibly dynamic context. How can we support them in the shift from spreadsheets to the complexity of big data? How can we give users the ability to understand the impact of their work across data, projects, and organizations?
About the Role
We are looking for a driven Senior Product Designer to help us crafting new, amazing user experiences to enable everyone to work with data in a simple, intuitive and effective way. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form the product. You’ll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build magical experiences. You will collaborate with cross functional partners to help research, brainstorm, and deliver the product experience for some of our most critical products. You'll be part of an incredibly passionate, talented and diverse team in which collaboration and mutual respect are key. You should feel comfortable performing a full range of product design skills including, interaction, visual design, and prototyping. This is a full-time position in our SF office.
What you will be doing
- You will be actively involved in defining the design vision and strategy of core areas of our product.
- You will articulate and convey designs via scenarios, sketches, storyboards and presentations, lo- and hi-fi mockups, detailed interaction specs, prototypes or animations.
- You’ll drive your designs forward through every step of the design process and know what details matter at each stage: formative research, conceptual and interaction design, prototyping, and usability studies.
- You will work closely with research and product managers to discover and understand user needs and requirements.
- You will work closely with engineers to understand technical considerations and implement our designs down to the last detail.
- You will contribute to the design, documentation and publishing of our design system.
- Our company and processes are ever-changing, so we hope you can embrace and influence the change to make Trifacta a better place.
- You have minimum 3-5+ years of industry experience in product design with a proven track record of success.
- You have a portfolio of relevant product and you can share several great examples of real work you've shipped, and what you learned along the way.
- You've shipped enterprise products and you feel comfortable working with and for data, juggling technical constraints and gnarly details.
- You're a generalist with a strong focus on UI and UX. You are passionate about building users interfaces and crafting beautiful and intuitive interactions leveraging the latest web technologies.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- You have thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies and prototyping skills.
- You obsess over details and are excited to polish until your work is pixel-perfect.
- You have strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Our team deeply values collaboration. You are passionate and committed to working with other designers and across disciplines to drive change into products. You’re confident, but willing to learn. We want to learn from you too!