Trifacta is continuing to hire employees rapidly to scale our company globally. As our first HR Manager, EMEA Region, you will be responsible for providing sound counsel and guidance in all areas of the Human Resource practice and for execution of the day to day HR function. This includes but is not limited to: management of the entire employee life-cycle, talent acquisition, on-boarding, compensation, performance management/coaching, employee relations.
You will be an integral part of the team providing expertise in people operations and organizational health to anticipate challenges, diagnose problems, prescribe actions, and facilitate programs that have a direct impact to the success of the organization. The ideal candidate is an experienced HR partner that adapts quickly to a changing environment, partners well with other departments and can easily handle ambiguity. If partnering closely to solve business challenges through people solutions, collaborating across geographies and thinking differently about how we approach work and teams sounds like the place for you, we would love to talk!
This is an individual contributor role which will provide support to our locations throughout EMEA, including Germany, UK, France, Ireland and the Netherlands. You will report into the VP of People, who is based in San Francisco, California.
As the trusted local advisor your key responsibilities will include the following:
● Partnering with other HR team members including HR Operations and Talent Acquisition( aka. Recruiting) to develop a strategic, integrated approach to delivering HR services and programs in region.
● Partnering and collaborating with business leaders to provide consultative support in the areas of onboarding/offboarding, recruitment, employee engagement, performance management, retention, employee relations, talent development, and compensation.
● Acting as the go-to person and trusted advisor to our European management teams and employees; providing advice and guidance. Partner and proactively work alongside the managers and employees to foster a high performing organization that instills Trifacta values.
● Assessing current state of employment programs and policies, recommend and implement key changes and own ongoing development of locally specific employee policies & procedures.
● Recognize, investigate, and resolve employee relations issues in an effective and timely manner. Partnering with in country legal experts as needed.
● Scaling, building, implementing and overseeing operational HR processes and in-country HR service delivery in partnership with our strategic HR and Payroll partner (Vistra).
● Oversee onboarding, offboarding, promotion and all related processes in line with in-country requirements. Maintaining key employee and labor relations requirements
● Addressing compliance issues and recommending in-country specific HR practices to ensure consistent interpretation and application of human resource policies, statutory regulations and employment law.
● Coordinating and preparing documents to support employee hires (and interns), transfers, promotions and exits, i.e., employee change processes, employee amendment letters, employment agreements, job descriptions. Liaising with payroll and benefits on any outstanding issues and documentation requirements.
● Rolling out initiatives and projects including compensation strategy, performance management, talent management, and career development.
● Bachelor’s degree required in HR or related field
o HR Certification a plus
o Master’s degree or MBA a plus.
● 6+ years of progressive experience in human resource management, especially in performance management, employee relations, and coaching. Experience must include hands on HR Generalist AND HR Business partner experience.
● Experience managing a small HR function and have a willingness to be hands-on including Recruiting, get things done and be involved in everyday HR operational activities, as well as creating and driving the strategic direction of the HR function.
● Proficient practitioner level knowledge of applicable employment laws required. Ability to source country specific employment regulations, interpret and apply.
● Experience working in a global organization, preferably with experience supporting an Engineering organization.
● Startup experience preferred.
● Travel within Europe required, up to 20% travel
Preferred Candidate Qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must have strong English and German language skills.
- Past experience Recruiting, Technical is a major plus
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and constantly changing environment.
- Able to effectively build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence whilst working at multiple levels, with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus.
Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s Big Data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. Trifacta is backed by venture capital firms Accel, Greylock and Ignition Partners and is headquartered in San Francisco.In furtherance of Trifacta’s recruiting, hiring, and employment activities, our People team collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants as well as Trifacta employees. In pursuit of our commitment to transparency and compliance, our Privacy Notice outlines our data collection and retention obligations, as well as your rights pursuant to such collection.