As a member of the Information Technology team at Trexquant, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support, management, and architecture of the firm’s overall applications and technology infrastructure (i.e. server administration, networking, telecommunications, database management, cybersecurity, and end-user support).
- Team lead in supporting and growing the firm’s IT infrastructure, including the development of policies and procedures based on best practices for document and email retention, network security and remote connectivity
- Maintain and support all Linux servers, FreeNAS storage systems and Windows desktops
- Setup and maintain services such as NFS, SSH, LDAP, TLS/SSL, DNSSEC, Postfix, etc.
- Setup and maintain applications such as MySQL, Apache, Docker, PHP, Django, etc.
- Maintain a cybersecurity plan for the firm and assist in evaluating cybersecurity initiatives
- Maintain and support networking environment
- Take a supporting role in expanding and supporting the firm’s business continuity plan
- Maintain and troubleshoot portfolio management report applications (Bash, Python)
- Serve as the primary technical liaison with administrators, prime brokers, and technology vendors to ensure a stable, integrated and scalable environment
- Negotiate, administer and manage vendors, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements. – IT, AV and all Market Data
- Monitor and analyze technology expenditures
- Ensure adherence to all Legal and Compliance requirements that pertain to being a Registered Investment Adviser
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or 10+ years of relevant experience
- 10+ years Linux/Unix experience (Red Hat preferred) in a technical trading or production support role
- 5+ years experience with storage appliances and ZFS (FreeNAS preferred)
- 5+ years experience with networking (Sonicwall, Netgear, Cisco; TCP/IP, bonding, routing, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be extremely organized; highly effective at multitasking, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly motivated team player who is able to take ownership and be accountable
- Competitive compensation, with potential for outstanding monetary success and an opportunity to grow into a key management role
- Work in a collaborative and friendly environment, participate in decision-making process for future technology adoption, and to lead new projects