TransMarket Group is looking for aspiring business majors to help with the daily business operations within the Accounting Department. Working at TMG will be a great way to supplement your education with practical experience in a global trading context. We provide opportunities for top local talent on a part-time basis throughout the year.
We are currently recruiting for part-time roles during the year, which are available to sophomore and junior year candidates only. We prefer candidates who can commit to the position for at least one year. Ability to work 16-20 hours (minimum) a week is required.
- Work with Senior Accounting and Finance professionals to assist and learn all facets of accounting and finance in a global trading organization.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Monitor daily revenue, risk and working capital movements.
- Assist with the monthly and year end accounting processes, including the annual audit process.
- Analyze specific balance sheet accounts in order propose and record appropriate journal entries.
- Execute regular and ad-hoc accounting and finance projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Pursuing Bachelors or Masters in a business field; accounting and finance majors preferred.
- Proficiency in financial modeling techniques using Excel.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting statements required.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- VBA, SQL, and Python a plus.
TransMarket Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.