Join the Swiss affiliate of a first-tier international Fintech trading group in the heart of Valais.
With its affiliates having their origins and head office in Chicago, the world center of exchange-based derivative trading, Oryctérope Transalpin Sàrl is the European servicing hub of the TransMarket Group of Companies, leading global Proprietary Trading firms. Our international team is looking for recent graduates with excellent technical skills and a passion for financial markets.
Joining our young office, you will learn constantly and use your growing expertise to innovate in a friendly, “work hard / play hard” culture. As part of a dynamic team, you’ll have the opportunity to build a world-class technology career right here in Valais.
- Setup, configure, upgrade, and maintain servers and workstations
- Manage and implement technology projects in a fast-paced environment
- Innovate through research of new technologies with fellow team members
- Communicate and collaborate with developers and other technology stakeholders
- Proactively monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot issues
- Drive solutions and/or projects in a fast-paced environment
- Provide Level 1 support with regular on-call support rotation
- Minimum 1-year of hands-on IT experience
- Strong familiarity with Linux environment and command line
- Scripting abilities in Python and either Bash or Powershell
- Basic Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, routing)
- Troubleshooting skills for workstation issues (Windows, Excel, etc.)
- Growth-oriented individual with ambition for continual learning and advancement
- Self-motivated, ability to take direction and complete time-sensitive tasks with high attention to detail
- Customer service oriented communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with developers to troubleshoot application performance issues
- Working well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and effectively handling stressful situations
- Additional Experience in: JIRA/Confluence Administration, Active Directory, Google Apps
Desired Skills or Experience:
- Experience with database administration (MySQL preferred)
- Experience with CI Tools (Jenkins and Gitlab)
- Experience with web frameworks (Flask preferred)
- Virtual environment design and deploy expertise (VMware or KVM)
- Working knowledge of containerization techniques (Docker)
- Experience with centralized log management tools (ELK preferred)
This opportunity offers the chance to join an ambitious team in expanding the TransMarket Group of Companies’ presence in global markets and to be part of growing the entrepreneurial servicing business here in Martigny. If you think you have what it takes, please get in touch.
Oryctérope Transalpin Sarl is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.