Trader Interactive is hiring a Vice President of Human Resources:
This critical role will report directly to the CEO and be a key member of the executive team. The individual will be directly responsible for the overall employee lifecycle to include administration, coordination, training, strategy, and evaluation of the human resources of our company. This is a role that requires a balance of both strategic thinking and hands-on tactical execution.
This individual will live our values and drive them throughout the organization as we work to fulfill our company mission to improve the Lifestyles and Livelihoods of our consumers, customers, and employees by working as One Team to provide innovative digital solutions that intuitively and seamlessly connect people to vehicles for work and play.
● Leadership, management and accountability of their team.
● Business partner that helps leverage their strategic thinking, business acumen and influence to help drive company strategy and culture.
● Owns the People process - taking an employee from Hire to Retire to include:
- Recruitment - qualified technology, sales and operations talent acquisition and engagement
- Identify and manage opportunities for employee retention and engagement including coordinating employee surveys and community involvement as well as employee exit interviews to better understand future improvements.
- Establish and manage the employee evaluation process, performance management and progressive discipline processes to ensure performance improvement and compliance with the law, protect company interests and ensure fair treatment of all employees.
- Conduct new employee orientation programs and work with business and department leaders to facilitate onboarding training and activities to set our new teammates up for success
- Lead cultural improvements and ensure collaboration, communication and core values translate into our practices, policies and programs.
- Develop a training strategy that supports the continuous development of employees through the employee lifecycle and drives new skills throughout the organization.
- Evaluate, enhance, and manage/administer the current employee benefit programs and negotiate and manage benefit/insurance plan renewals and vendor relationships.
- Office management to include ensuring that the environment offers a productive, engaging and collaborative workspace to maximize productivity
● Our motto is One Team One Dream so the ability to work in a collaborative setting and partner with business owners/leaders is critical
● Must be passionate about fostering a fast-paced, results-oriented, and innovative culture.
● Demonstrated ability to be highly detail-oriented and analytical, translating business acumen into HR strategies.
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are a must. Ability to maintain confidential information required.
● Ability to work in a frequently changing/evolving environment and be able to focus and think critically in challenging situations.
● Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
● Must meet deadlines and be responsive in managing issues that are time-sensitive or that require timely management/oversight.
● Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and other Office programs.
● Experience with Canadian or European employment laws/practices helpful but not required.
● BA/BS degree in Business, Management, or Human Resources (or related field) required. PHR/SPHR strongly preferred.
● 10 years as an HR professional showing career progression and at least 5 years in a supervisory/management role.
● Minimum 10 years experience designing, developing, and effectively communicating all HR practices, policies and programs, and review and revise as needed to comply with changing or new regulations/legislation.Ensure we are best addressing the ever-changing needs of employees and the company.
● Have full command of all HR compliance areas, including FLSA, FLMA, COBRA, HIPPA, OSHA and other applicable federal and state employment laws.
● Experience working within a C-suite and engaging with a board of directors or similar.
About Trader Interactive
Here at Trader Interactive, we pride ourselves on the size and quality of audience that we deliver to our customers, a fun and collaborative work environment and a unified company vision we call ONE TEAM ONE DREAM. We are a team of driven professionals with passion for our work and an infectious team spirit. Our expertise in digital has made us the leading online marketplace and marketing solutions provider in the categories we serve. Our talented team consists of over 350 employees who run 11 unique businesses from our home office in Norfolk, VA.
We run the world’s biggest marketplaces for lifestyle vehicles (RV, motorcycles, ATV, Snowmobiles) and commercial equipment. Some of our sites include RVTrader, CycleTrader, CommercialTruckTrader and EquipmentTrader. Collectively, we reach millions of consumers, power thousands of dealer websites, and offer smart tools to assist dealers in more effectively running their businesses and serving their customers.
Trader proudly support a diverse workforce, and we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. Trader is an equal opportunity employer where hiring is based entirely on business needs, job requirements, and individual merit.