Trader Interactive is hiring a Web Development Engineer to work on our Web Services team building a suite of web-enabled products.
Does the idea of working on a platform that is used by millions of Visitors every month appeal to you? Here at Trader Interactive you will work directly on PHP, NodeJS, MariaDB, MongoDB, & Vue powered applications in the AWS cloud environment. A strong understanding of API-driven web engineering is necessary. It's not just websites, we're engineering large scale solutions! We can help teach you how to scale these operations to support millions of Visitors and thousands of our dealerships. Successful candidates will have 3-5 years of relevant work experience and experience with PHP and popular PHP frameworks. Experience with Laravel is highly preferred.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our applications to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software.
- Collaborate with engineers, QA analysts, product developers, and project managers as part of a Scrum team involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
- Develop and maintain robust web applications and APIs using PHP.
- Review code, offer feedback, and provide guidance to enforce best practices and quality standards.
- Document systems, procedures, and processes relevant to our suite of applications.
- Design data models for both relational database and non-relational databases.
This is a full-time employee role based in our home office in Norfolk, Virginia. Relocation assistance and temporary housing assistance may be available for selected candidates. The role reports directly to the Software Development Manager.
About Trader Interactive
We are a team of driven technology, marketing, sales, and operations professionals. Our expertise in digital has made us the leading online marketplace and software solutions provider in the categories we serve. Some of our sites include RV Trader, Cycle Trader, Commercial Truck Trader and Equipment Trader. Collectively, we reach millions of consumers, power thousands of dealer websites, and offer smart tools to assist dealers in more effectively running their businesses and serving their customers.
We are a rapidly evolving company with deep roots—bringing buyers and sellers together remains our core mission. Our talented team consists of 350 employees who run 10 unique businesses from our home office in Norfolk, VA. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Along with our diverse brands, Trader Interactive proudly supports a diverse workforce and encourages underrepresented groups to apply.