Trader Interactive is hiring a Web Development Engineer.
Does the idea of working on a platform that is used by millions of Visitors every month appeal to you? Here at Trader Interactive you will work directly on PHP, NodeJS, MariaDB, MongoDB, & Vue powered applications in the AWS cloud environment. A strong understanding of API-driven web engineering is necessary. It's not just websites, we're engineering large scale solutions! We can help teach you how to scale these operations to support millions of Visitors and thousands of our dealerships. Successful candidates will have 3-5 years of relevant work experience and experience with PHP and popular PHP frameworks. Experience with Laravel is highly preferred.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our applications to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software.
- Collaborate with engineers, QA analysts, product developers, and project managers as part of a Scrum team involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
- Develop and maintain robust web applications and APIs using PHP.
- Review code, offer feedback, and provide guidance to enforce best practices and quality standards.
- Document systems, procedures, and processes relevant to our suite of applications.
- Design data models for both relational database and non-relational databases.
This is a full-time employee role based in our home office in Norfolk, Virginia. Relocation assistance and temporary housing assistance may be available for selected candidates.
About Trader Interactive
Here at Trader Interactive, we pride ourselves on the size and quality of audience that we deliver to our customers, a fun and collaborative work environment and a unified company vision we call ONE TEAM ONE DREAM. We are a team of driven professionals with passion for our work and an infectious team spirit. Our expertise in digital has made us the leading online marketplace and marketing solutions provider in the categories we serve. Our talented team consists of over 350 employees who run 11 unique businesses from our home office in Norfolk, VA.
We run the world’s biggest marketplaces for lifestyle vehicles (RV, motorcycles, ATV, Snowmobiles) and commercial equipment. Some of our sites include RVTrader, CycleTrader, CommercialTruckTrader and EquipmentTrader. Collectively, we reach millions of consumers, power thousands of dealer websites, and offer smart tools to assist dealers in more effectively running their businesses and serving their customers.
Trader proudly support a diverse workforce, and we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. Trader is an equal opportunity employer where hiring is based entirely on business needs, job requirements, and individual merit.