Trader Interactive is hiring a Product Owner.
As a key member of the Dealer Product Team, Product Owners will help translate our strategic goals into a vision for the entire SCRUM team and create the Epics, User Stories, and User Acceptance Criteria needed to make that vision a reality. The Product Owner will work closely with stakeholders and the development team to translate business needs into product requirements, and will have an influence in the user interface and user experience of our applications. Successful candidates will be data driven and enjoy pursuing data to validate a customer hypothesis. Experience utilizing JIRA as a product management tool in an agile environment is highly preferred. Experience creating user personas and customer flows is a must.
- Conduct customer, market, competitive analysis and orchestrate multivariate testing of hypotheses to develop a deep understanding of our Dealer customers, identify industry trends and unmet customer needs that will guide our vision for end products and support development of product backlogs.
- Collaborate with peers and leadership to define product strategy and contribute to the business cases created as necessary to justify proposed solutions and business investments.
- Gather business requirements from a variety of sources, such as customers, account owners, sales or the latest technology and customer trends to ensure solutions stay ahead of the market.
- As part of overall product roadmap prioritization , document, elaborate and define the minimum viable product with business leadership to prioritize these requirement keeping at least 3 month of work ready for development.
- Translate requirements into Epics, User Stories, and User Acceptance Criteria for the Scrum teams.
- Act as Key point of contact for assigned business department and communicate work in progress and upcoming work to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as subject matter expert in relevant product domains assisting with customer UAT, defect triage and mitigation efforts.
- Collaborate with software development to build great solutions for existing and potential customers by inspecting products in QA and UAT, accepting or rejecting completed development work,
- Work closely with teammates and tools to identify new ways of optimizing existing product.
- Act as project manager lead in strategic initiatives for discovery, delivery and launch planning.
- Lead demos and product communication presentations on new product features and enhancements to both internal and external stakeholders to support marketing and sales materials development.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, or Beta Analyst experience in software product development environment
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of related experience in software development
- Ability to support Agile Scrum methodologies or waterfall methodologies
- Experience in a role with strong requirements elicitation (Business Analyst, Technical Product Manager, consultant, etc.), and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
- Experience with customer support and bug tracking
- Experience and proficiency with business management tools Adobe or Google Analytics, JIRA, G Suite and MS suite
About Trader Interactive
Here at Trader Interactive, we pride ourselves on the size and quality of audience that we deliver to our customers, a fun and collaborative work environment and a unified company vision we call ONE TEAM ONE DREAM. We are a team of driven professionals with passion for our work and an infectious team spirit. Our expertise in digital has made us the leading online marketplace and marketing solutions provider in the categories we serve. Our talented team consists of over 350 employees who run 11 unique businesses from our home office in Norfolk, VA.
We run the world’s biggest marketplaces for lifestyle vehicles (RV, motorcycles, ATV, Snowmobiles) and commercial equipment. Some of our sites include RVTrader, CycleTrader, CommercialTruckTrader and EquipmentTrader. Collectively, we reach millions of consumers, power thousands of dealer websites, and offer smart tools to assist dealers in more effectively running their businesses and serving their customers.
Trader proudly support a diverse workforce, and we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. Trader is an equal opportunity employer where hiring is based entirely on business needs, job requirements, and individual merit.