Trader Interactive is hiring a Software Engineer.
Successful candidates in this role will have hands-on software development experience with a focus on ETL / data transformation services. Areas of coding responsibilities will include design, development, and optimization of key back-end products and technologies in support of classified advertising and data distribution initiatives, and will have a strong emphasis on API development. Our framework depends on a nationwide cloud infrastructure and tight GitHub integration, experience in these areas is a major plus. Ideal candidates will be able to perform the following functions:
- Apply Agile SDLC best practices using SCRUM/Kanban methodologies
- Design data models for both relational database and non-relational databases
- Design Restful APIs to support enterprise application integration, data distribution systems, websites and mobile applications
- Configure server-side software including Windows Server, IIS, Linux, Apache, NGiNX
- Architect cloud-based solutions specifically using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Utilize open source database/IR technologies such as MariaDB, Lucene Solr, and MongoDB
- Collaborate with SCRUM masters, technical / product architects, database engineers, QA engineers, DevOps and mobile / web developers
- Create fast, stable and efficient software and data transformation processes
This full-time employee role is based in our home office in Norfolk, Virginia. Relocation assistance and temporary housing assistance may be available for selected candidates.
About Trader Interactive
We are a team of driven professionals with passion for our work and an infectious team spirit. Our expertise in digital has made us the leading online marketplace and marketing solutions provider in the categories we serve. Our talented team consists of over 350 employees who run 11 unique businesses from our home office in Norfolk, VA.
Trader proudly support a diverse workforce, and we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. Trader is an equal opportunity employer where hiring is based entirely on business needs, job requirements, and individual merit. Decisions on hiring, transfers, promotion, discipline, termination, wage and salary administration, benefit administration, and training are made without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by laws and regulations in locations where we operate. We do not tolerate workplace harassment or retaliation in any form, and conduct post-offer, pre-hire testing to ensure a safe workplace for all employees.