Trader Interactive is hiring a Director of Business Development:
This critical role will scale one of our largest customer segments, under the Equipment Trader brand. The director of business development will be an exceptional leader with a track record of success in driving business results through sales leadership, customer engagement, and operational excellence. Beyond sales and operations, this person will play a central role in strategic digital initiatives for Equipment Trader.
Experience building major brand or manufacturer relationships through strategic partnerships and direct selling is an absolute requirement. Successful candidates will possess a minimum of 5 years experience leading sales efforts for related markets—commercial equipment, franchise and independent dealerships. Experience building and executing sales plans for related products—online marketing, digital / web services, software—is strongly preferred.
- Hire, develop, and lead a sales team while ensuring exceptional operating performance, including full P&L management, budgeting, and fulfillment of financial expectations.
- Partner with service, marketing, and product teams to identify opportunities for new campaigns, services, and distribution channels, to grow sales and brand recognition.
- Meet with major customers and prospects—both independently and as part of our sales and marketing team—to build on key relationships and establish new ones.
- Grow our team’s industry expertise through regular presentation and reporting, including briefings to our senior management team on overall business and industry trends.
- Attend industry events and conferences, engaging with current and prospective clients, and providing thought leadership that advances our brand.
- Using knowledge of the competitive market and industry trends, continue to develop Equipment Trader’s unique selling proposition and differentiators.
This is a full-time position reporting to the VP of Commercial Brands. Relocation assistance and temporary housing assistance may be available for selected candidates.
About Trader Interactive
We are a team of driven technology, marketing, sales, and operations professionals. Our expertise in digital has made us the leading online marketplace and marketing solutions provider in the categories we serve. We are a rapidly evolving company with deep roots—bringing buyers and sellers together remains our core mission. Our talented team consists of 350 employees who run 10 unique businesses from our home office in Norfolk, VA. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Trader Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and proudly supports a diverse workforce.