Trader Interactive is hiring a ScrumMaster to join our Consumer Product team.
This person will help organize, direct and manage a team to successfully complete projects by facilitating communication in an organized fashion using agile methodologies. A minimum of 3 years experience managing agile projects is required with a strong background in running both Scrum and Kanban teams. Current Certified Scrum Master preferred or ability to re-certify within six months of hire.
- Guide, organize, and educate the team around using best-in-class Agile / Scrum / Kanban practices.
- Balance competing priorities while holding a team of software engineers and QA staff accountable to their commitments and project obligations.
- Create and sustain momentum within the team to keep pace through sprints, while performing various ceremonies, ie: backlog grooming, retrospectives.
- Support and educate each brand’s respective Product Owner, paying particular attention to grooming and maintaining product backlog, and prioritizing user stories.
- Use exceptional communication skills and available tools (ex. Google Sheets, Jira) to ensure the team is aware and aligned. Maintain appropriate burndown charts and facilitate meetings to discuss development, testing, and release timelines/stakeholders.
- Provide updates to business leaders and stakeholders outside the team, alerting them if a project is falling off track, sharing the progress of Sprints, and sharing technology schedules and information.
This is a full-time employee role based in our home office in Norfolk, Virginia. The role reports directly to the VP of Consumer Products.
About Trader Interactive
We are a team of driven technology, marketing, sales, and operations professionals. Our expertise in digital has made us the leading online marketplace and software solutions provider in the categories we serve. Some of our sites include RV Trader, Cycle Trader, Commercial Truck Trader and Equipment Trader. Collectively, we reach millions of consumers, power thousands of dealer websites, and offer smart tools to assist dealers in more effectively running their businesses and serving their customers.
We are a rapidly evolving company with deep roots—bringing buyers and sellers together remains our core mission. Our talented team consists of 350 employees who run 10 unique businesses from our home office in Norfolk, VA. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Along with our diverse brands, Trader Interactive proudly supports a diverse workforce and encourages underrepresented groups to apply.