Trader Interactive is seeking a Data Engineer to join our Trader Online Architecture Team.
A successful person in this role is talented, passionate about and capable of developing, maintaining, testing, and evaluating big data solutions and technologies in support of online advertising businesses. You will work on implementing big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and helping data scientists visualize large sets of data to help turn information into insights using multiple platforms. As a part of a team building out a new large-scale data processing system, some familiarity with various data warehousing solutions and ability to work with the latest (NoSQL) database technologies is required.
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries, etc.)
- Leverage our Snowflake cloud to optimize our data-warehousing environment as we scale up our businesses
- Work closely with our engineering team to integrate new innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis – and then help do the analysis.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- We utilize AWS, so experience with EMR and other web services will help you hit the ground running.
- Research and assess the viability of new processing and data storage technologies
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent experience in addition to several years experience in an engineering position supporting high traffic and high volume data processing products
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics, potentially other advanced math as well.
- Programming experience in Python required
- Deep knowledge in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
- Also experience developing prototypes and proof of concepts for proposed solutions is a must.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data. Map Reduce experience.
- Experience with some or all of the following: Amazon Web Services, Analytics, Big Data, Chef, Distributed Systems, Hadoop, MongoDB, PHP, Lucene Solr, ELK.
This is a full-time employee role based in our home office in Norfolk, Virginia. Relocation assistance and temporary housing assistance may be available for selected candidates.
About Trader Interactive
We are a team of driven professionals with passion for our work and an infectious team spirit. Our expertise in digital has made us the leading online marketplace and marketing solutions provider in the categories we serve. Our talented team consists of over 350 employees who run 11 unique businesses from our home office in Norfolk, VA.
Trader proudly support a diverse workforce, and we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. Trader is an equal opportunity employer where hiring is based entirely on business needs, job requirements, and individual merit. Decisions on hiring, transfers, promotion, discipline, termination, wage and salary administration, benefit administration, and training are made without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by laws and regulations in locations where we operate. We do not tolerate workplace harassment or retaliation in any form, and conduct post-offer, pre-hire testing to ensure a safe workplace for all employees.