Trader Interactive is seeking a Data Warehouse Manager to lead the staff, development team, and day-to-day activities of the company-wide data warehouse.
A successful person in this role is talented, passionate about and capable of leading, developing, maintaining, testing, and evaluating big data solutions and technologies in support of online advertising businesses. You will work on planning big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and helping the company analyze and visualize large sets of data to help turn information into insights using multiple platforms. As the leader of the team building out a new large-scale data processing system, familiarity with various data warehousing solutions and ability to work with the latest (NoSQL) database technologies is required. You must have a proven track record of hands-on software engineering management and data warehouse development. Additionally, you must have expertise with Snowflake, AWS, Azure or similar Cloud platforms.
- Own software engineering and data warehouse design and delivery across our environments
- Identifies the organization's information needs, and provides technical direction for designing and developing a data warehouse environment to meet those needs.
- Implements and maintains comprehensive solutions and improvements that meet business requirements and maintains the data warehouse technology
- Manages all interrelated aspects of and standardizes data warehouse architecture
- Administers the data warehousing environment, including security, data growth, performance, platform upgrades, support agreements, and disaster recovery
- Participates in the analysis and resolution of issues related to information content, data integrity, integration, and database performance with clients and other data processing staff
- Provides technical review of all proposed data warehouse, business intelligence, and reporting applications for appropriate security and technical architectural fit.
- Provide technical vision for new and emerging data products
- Manage a team of in-house and outsourced engineers
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries, etc.)
- Leverage our Snowflake cloud to optimize our data-warehousing environment as we scale up our businesses
- Work closely with our engineering team to integrate new innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
- We utilize AWS, so experience with EMR and other web services will help you hit the ground running.
- Research and assess the viability of new processing and data storage technologies
- Excellent communication, planning and organization skills is required
- Strong functional, analytical, presentation, documentation, training, inter-personal and customer relationship skills
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent experience in addition to 5+ years experience in leading an engineering team supporting high traffic and high volume data processing products
- Proven ability to plan, motivate, execute and lead a team of in house and off shore engineers
- Programming experience in Python required
- Deep knowledge in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
- Also experience developing prototypes and proof of concepts for proposed solutions is a must.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data. Map Reduce experience.
- Experience with some or all of the following: Amazon Web Services, Analytics, Big Data, Chef, Distributed Systems, Hadoop, MongoDB, PHP, Lucene Solr, ELK.
This is a full-time employee role based in our home office in Norfolk, Virginia. Relocation assistance and temporary housing assistance may be available for selected candidates. The role will report directly to our VP of Analytics and Data Strategy.
About Trader Interactive
We are a team of driven professionals with passion for our work and an infectious team spirit. Our expertise in digital has made us the leading online marketplace and marketing solutions provider in the categories we serve. Our talented team consists of over 350 employees who run 11 unique businesses from our home office in Norfolk, VA.
Trader proudly support a diverse workforce, and we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. Trader is an equal opportunity employer where hiring is based entirely on business needs, job requirements, and individual merit. Decisions on hiring, transfers, promotion, discipline, termination, wage and salary administration, benefit administration, and training are made without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by laws and regulations in locations where we operate. We do not tolerate workplace harassment or retaliation in any form, and conduct post-offer, pre-hire testing to ensure a safe workplace for all employees.