Trader Interactive is hiring a Web Engineer.
This person will work on our Web Services team building a suite of web-enabled products. They will construct APIs, create data collections, extend an existing WordPress application, and build on an open source cloud architecture. The tech we use is best-of-breed open source and expected to run at a large-scale enterprise level in the cloud. Successful candidates will have 2-4 years of relevant work experience and experience with PHP and popular PHP frameworks. Experience with Laravel is highly preferred.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our applications to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software.
- Collaborate with engineers, QA analysts, product developers, and project managers as part of a Scrum team involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
- Develop and maintain robust web applications and APIs using PHP.
- Review code, offer feedback, and provide guidance to enforce best practices and quality standards.
- Document systems, procedures, and processes relevant to our suite of applications.
- Design data models for both relational database and non-relational databases.
This is a full-time employee role based in our home office in Norfolk, Virginia. Relocation assistance and temporary housing assistance may be available for selected candidates.
About Trader Interactive
We are a team of driven technology, marketing, sales, and operations professionals. Our expertise in digital has made us the leading online marketplace and software solutions provider in the categories we serve. We are a rapidly evolving company with deep roots—bringing buyers and sellers together remains our core mission. Our talented team consists of 300 employees who run 10 unique businesses from our home office in Norfolk, VA. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Trader Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and proudly supports a diverse workforce.