Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director of Product Marketing will define and enable the go-to-market strategy working in close collaboration with Product Management and Sales. You will be an advocate for how we solve customer problems. You will be our expert on our market, buyers, products, and competitors. As a subject matter expert, this role is at the heart of Marketing and Sales efforts.
- Develop the go-to-market strategy in close collaboration with Product Management.
- Research market needs; collect and analyze data that supports Buyers’ needs.
- Define and maintain a deep understanding of our Buyer Personas.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on our product value proposition to customers, prospects, external stakeholders (analysts, media, pundits, agencies, partners) and internal stakeholders (Sales, etc.).
- Lead the go-to-market strategy for product releases, including messaging, training, and promotion.
- Serve as an evangelist for our products via critical communication channels, such as blogs, social media, and speaking.
- Create content (e.g. white papers, product videos, website copy, blog posts, webinars, etc.) to support progression along the Buyer Journey.
- Work collaboratively with demand generation and writer(s) on the content strategy.
- Work with our customers to identify and create case studies and customer success stories.
- Deliver training and sales tools, in partnership with Sales Operations, to our Account Executives and partners.
- Keep the company up-to-date with market trends and competition, and translate that into actionable information, tools (i.e. battle cards), and programs for Sales and Marketing.
- BA / BS degree.
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing for enterprise Software-as-a-Service. Experience in verticals, such as energy, utilities, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing, preferred.
- Proven and visible marketing veteran with experience driving adoption and expansion of a product.
- Possess a highly analytical approach, used in a wide range of responsibilities, from customer engagement to product adoption to sales processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills --- there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting in this role.
- You must be a thinker and a doer.
- Previous experience being accountable for metrics, such as content effectiveness, Win Rate, Competitive Win Rate, market penetration, and market share.
- Skilled at working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management, Marketing Automation, and Content Management systems preferred.