Senior Software Engineer - Backend / Data
Tally is a Seattle-based startup focused on deepening engagement around live events. We’ve built a platform to power free-to-play, real-time predictions--and are partnering with sports teams, leagues and broadcasters to bring these experiences to fans. Tally has powered games for the NBA and NHL playoffs--where fans compete to win cash, team memorabilia and season tickets!
We’re a tight-knit crew of engineers, designers and creators--who are passionate about fandom, connecting people, and fun+competitive gameplay! We believe in a future where people can fully immerse themselves in live events, and we’re building the technology and experiences to make it happen!
Now imagine this: it’s the end of a game, down a score, and your team’s star has a chance to win it all. What is it about this moment that pulls you in? We know intuitively what makes these moments exciting--but is there a way to build this intelligence into a platform and create fun gaming experiences on top of it? We believe there is--and we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us do it. So, if you enjoy working with data and want the opportunity to build exciting new services from the ground-up, we’d love to talk to you!
In this role, you will:
- Build serverless microservices on AWS, and SQL databases
- Own backend service architecture
- Lay the foundation for our data and intelligence pipeline
- Ensure stage-appropriate code and engineering quality
- Work cross-functionally with design and product to build awesome experiences
- Ship and iterate quickly
You have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years designing & implementing backend solutions in the SaaS, cloud, or consumer application space in Java, Node.js, Ruby, C#, C++ or Python.
- Hands-on experience with developing serverless or microservices-based solutions on AWS infrastructure
- Experience building and working with data pipelines.
- The ability to determine when to deliver architectural masterpieces versus quick ship solutions, and capable of modulating your approach as-needed
- Bonus points: Shipped successful consumer products, an awesome portfolio, and/or a fan of sporting or other live events
It takes a phenomenal team to win. If you want to be a part of building something incredible, APPLY NOW and join us!
Tally was founded by Super Bowl champion Russell Wilson to deepen engagement around live events (visit www.poweredbytally.com
). We’ve powered free-to-play real-time predictions games for the NBA and NHL playoffs. We are a venture-backed startup with major investors including Pioneer Square Labs, Madrona Venture Group, and Jeff Bezos.
Tally is an equal opportunity employer committed to having a team of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, ancestry, natural origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, military or veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable interview experience, please let us know.