Software Engineer - Backend
Tally is a Seattle-based startup focused on deepening engagement around live events. We’ve built a platform to power free-to-play, real-time predictions--and are partnering with sports teams, leagues and broadcasters to bring these experiences to fans. Tally has powered games for the NBA and NHL playoffs--where fans compete to win cash, team memorabilia and season tickets!
We’re a tight-knit crew of engineers, designers and creators--who are passionate about fandom, connecting people, and fun+competitive gameplay! We believe in a future where people can fully immerse themselves in live events, and we’re building the technology and experiences to make it happen!
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to contribute to our underlying platform and infrastructure. You’ll work with highly skilled teammates to design and develop new features, fix the occasional bug, and help improve our entire offering. This role will have you working cross-functionally across the organization as we focus on creating a platform that is secure, scalable, and supports an exceptional user experience.
In this role, you will:
- Help extend and support our backend systems and related infrastructure
- Build serverless microservices on AWS, and SQL databases
- Have the opportunity to work across our entire backend systems from architecture through deployment and support
- Collaborate with design and product teams to build awesome experiences
- Ship and iterate quickly
You have the following skills and experience:
- 1-3 years of experience as a backend or full stack engineer working on SaaS, cloud, or consumer applications in Java, Node.js, Ruby, C#, C++ or Python.
- Working knowledge of serverless applications or microservices architecture
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Show strong CS fundamentals through a portfolio of projects or public code
It takes a phenomenal team to win. If you want to be a part of building something incredible, APPLY NOW and join us!
Tally was founded by Super Bowl champion Russell Wilson to deepen engagement around live events (visit www.poweredbytally.com
). We’ve powered free-to-play real-time predictions games for the NBA and NHL playoffs. We are a venture-backed startup with major investors including Pioneer Square Labs, Madrona Venture Group, and Jeff Bezos.
Tally is an equal opportunity employer committed to having a team of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, ancestry, natural origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, military or veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable interview experience, please let us know.