We are engineers, designers, and technologists, brought together by a mission to reshape the future. Our objective is to reimagine the manufacturing process. It will be fully software-defined and driven entirely by AI, meaning new products will get to market much quicker.
About the project
The main goal is to create Distributed Fault-Tolerant Middleware. It will coordinate all the robotic operations on the factory: from the interaction between a robotic arm and various sensors to the requirements projection onto the real distributed sequence of robots’ actions.
About the role
In our work, we use cutting-edge technologies and approaches: Scala/Akka, Apache Ignite, Apache Spark, Akka Streams. As for data analysis, it is entirely up to the team to choose which methods and tools to use. We are in continuous research and development, nothing written in stone yet. You can have an influence on the decisions and technologies to use.
Up to now, OS supports several architecture patterns:
- BlackBoard - storage, based on modern in-memory approaches
- A multi-agent system for managing operations
- A knowledge base of technological operations with declarative semantics
- Rule engine based system for an algorithm selection
- Factory monitoring tools (Complex Event Processing)
Therefore, as a part of the team, you will create a new core technology for all the projects and for the whole industry.
What we are looking for
- Proficiency with Java or Scala Core (3+ years)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (2+ years)
- Extensive experience in enterprise development (2+ years)
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with git/maven
- Fluency in English
Will be an advantage
- Experience in Akka, GridGain/Ignite, Hadoop/Spark
- Understanding of distributed systems main concepts
- Knowledge of multi-agent systems
- Basic knowledge of rule-based engines
- Experience in building high load systems
- Experience in Linux (as a power user)
What we offer
- To join highly scientific-intensive culture and take part in developing the unique product
- The ability to choose technology stack and approaches
- Yearly educational budget - we support your ambitions to learn
- Relocation package - we would like to make your start as smooth as possible
- Flexible working environment - choose your working hours and equipment
- Brand new office just around the corner of Berlin Central Railway Station (Schultheiss Quartier)