We are actively seeking a physician board certified in allergy and immunology to join one of the most cutting edge academic practice opportunities on the west coast. The physician will have primarily clinical responsibilities working in the 6th largest children's hospital in the nation and its affiliated clinical centers. In addition, academic appointment and research opportunities are present if interested. The program operates under the Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Allergy & Immunology at Miller Children's Hospital. Over 30 years under strong leadership, the division has grown to become the hallmark of the children's hospital. The division is only the 8th hospital nationally to achieve JCAHO Asthma Center of Excellence recognition. The division hosts a difficult asthma clinic, immune deficiency clinic and an early peanut introduction clinic.
Most prominently, the division houses one of the largest Food Allergy Centers in the world. With over 1,500 patients treated for severe, life threatening food allergies, the center is seeking to train and supervise the physician recruit to participate in the treatment of food allergy patients. Under the guidance of its founder, Dr. Inderpal Randhawa, the recruit will receive hands on guidance on food allergy therapeutics and affiliated research opportunities. Patients travel from all around the country and around the world to seek this life changing treatment which is based on a precision medicine biomarker set of protocols.
Other highlights include:
- affiliation with the Translational Pulmonary & Immunology Research Center, a nonprofit translational clinical and translational science center adjacent to the hospital
- inpatient pediatric and adult immunology and allergy consultations
- diverse and full-spectrum patient population
- over 9,000 outpatient visits annually for asthma, BPD, cystic fibrosis, and other lung/allergy programs
- laryngoscopy and bronchoscopy suite
- teaching of UC Irvine residents and fellows;
- fully-staffed NICU; PICU; CT-PICU; all pediatric and surgical sub-specialties;
Located right in the middle of Los Angeles and Orange County, our group is well-situated. Southern California coastal living is amazing. Five miles from the Pacific Ocean; access to internationally renowned skiing, Yosemite and other renowned state & national parks, biking and hiking trails.
We are seeking individuals who have roots in or want to be established in Southern California. We are looking to recruit in the upcoming months. Please let me know if you are interested. Thank you.