TPIRC is a non-profit clinical care and research center that focuses on the development of cutting-edge, individualized treatment protocols for rare and orphan diseases utilizing comprehensive diagnostic tools and patient-driven research. Our treatment programs are one of a kind with unmatched success rates. Our team is rapidly growing and we are looking for new members to support our mission.
The Program Coordinator, Philanthropy will help organize fundraisers and source donors to raise money for TPIRC programs and research through engaging high touch donors and patients. Responsibilities include developing relationships with potential donors and community members.
The person in this position is expected to have a background in building donor relationships, working with high wealth individuals in order to meet department fundraising goals. This position will work under the Philanthropy Manager and coordinate with internal TPIRC departments in order to provide donors with up to date organizational and program updates.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and monitor philanthropy department high touch prospects, program schedules and program budget.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from strategy meetings.
- Prepare necessary donor presentation materials for in person and over the phone meetings.
- Undertake project tasks as required from the Philanthropy Manager and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Develop project strategies
- Ensure donor pledges are created, tracked and fulfilled.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Update philanthropy database updated to keep accurate records.
- Provide administrative support for other activities in coordination with the Manager of Philanthropy as needed.
- Communicate with donors and other stakeholders one-on-one by email, phone, or in person.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of development experience.
- Experience with donor databases, such as Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge, Neon, preferred.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be willing to assist with activities that take place at night or on weekends.
- Must have a driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle.
- Must be sensitive and committed to donor and patient confidentiality.
- Must be comfortable in a medical setting – interacting with healthcare professionals and patients.
- Confidence and skill handling clients in person and on the phone
- Excellent proficiency with Google G Suite, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of various social media networks