TPIRC is a non-profit clinical care and research center that focuses on the development of cutting-edge, individualized treatment protocols for rare and orphan diseases utilizing comprehensive diagnostic tools and patient-driven research. Our treatment programs are one of a kind with unmatched success rates. Our team is rapidly growing and we are looking for new members to support our mission.
We are looking for an innovative, creative Software Engineer to join our growing organization. The individual will work on our proprietary platforms developing critical machine learning and data management applications, and the interfaces between them. The position will drive adherence to standards, processes, and policies. This includes working effectively across technical domains, with internal and external technical resources.
This covers front-end web applications and back-end systems, messaging, and database systems, as well as interaction between enterprise level common components.
The technical skills will focus on a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to relational databases, web services (SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML, and other API standards) and common programming languages (Python, Golang and others). The candidate should be well versed in API-driven design, messaging patterns, and application development best practices.
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user, system level, and data management applications
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation
- Deployment of applications across the organization including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and with management as well as with the wider community
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the organization
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required
- Have 5+ years of experience of application development experience.
- Experience with at least two (2) programming languages like: Java, Golang, Python, C, C++ and have a proclivity to learning new languages
- Don’t just write code, but can explain why your methodologies should replace what currently is in place
- Ability to dive into HTTP and API design, and have solid experience building and testing mobile, (web is a +) and other applications
- Ability to create, execute, and properly communicate automated test plans
- Provide support for integration testing and deployment of developed software including debugging and implementation efforts
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to contribute to multiple project/demands simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment