TPIRC is a non-profit clinical care and research center that focuses on the development of cutting-edge, individualized treatment protocols for rare and orphan diseases utilizing comprehensive diagnostic tools and patient-driven research. Our mission is two-fold – to advance treatment discovery at a pace which helps our patients today, while building a scalable model of success to accelerate the rate of research discovery for all diseases.
We invite you to come join TPIRC team as a Medical Receptionist. This full-time medical front office career opportunity is Monday through Friday, no weekends schedule, located in the city of Long Beach, CA.
- Must be well with multi-tasking and organization skills
- Provide excellent customer service
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Answer phones and greet incoming patients and visitors.
- Perform patient registration.
- Guide patients through this sometimes-difficult process by kindly talking them through the steps and answering their questions and concerns.
- Coordinate with office staff for timely care of patients.
- Cross-train and help as needed in other departments (i.e. scheduling, medical records, etc).
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2-year experience in clinical environment required
- Experience in Allergy/Immunology and Pediatrics preferred
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Intermediate word, excel, and outlook skills
- Experience with appointment scheduling required
- Must have experience in clinical setting (MD clinic, Pediatric clinic, Family clinic, hospital)