TPIRC is a non-profit clinical care and research center that focuses on the development of cutting-edge, individualized treatment protocols for rare and orphan diseases utilizing comprehensive diagnostic tools and patient-driven research. Our treatment programs are one of a kind with unmatched success rates. Our team is rapidly growing and we are looking for new members to support our mission. We are looking for a Strategy & Operations Lead to join our growing team.
The Strategy & Operations Lead will lead efforts to formulate, execute, and manage the rollout of operational strategies, frameworks, tactics and processes. This role requires a combination of leadership, business intelligence, financial modeling, and ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to drive business decisions. This role is expected to lead key business operations processes and will work cross-functionally with business administration, human resources, development, and facilities. Significant exposure to executive leadership, and expectations to develop strategic recommendations with actionable insights in a fast-growing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and structure specific analyses and recommendations to address complex, ambiguous and potentially challenging business issues.
- Frame and break down complex problems into key components; identify key insights and provide actionable recommendations to drive tangible outcomes while at the same time contributing in the efforts to execute the solutions.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to gather relevant data and conduct business analysis with effective project communication and management.
- Structure and implement operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, MBA from a top program, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or business operations – experience managing a high performing team
- Provide leadership and direction for cross-functional initiatives that touch multiple business processes
- Proven track record of designing, improving, and evaluating complex operational processes across an organization, including building and empowering teams to execute operational priorities
- Action oriented with a strong sense of accountability, practicality, and efficiency
- Strong data analysis, data modeling, financial analysis, and presentation skills
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Power BI, DOMO, Tableau, as well as analyzing datasets in Excel and SQL
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Previous work experience with early-stage companies and tangible experience building processes from the ground up
- Ability to lead and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment with the desire and capabilities to make immediate impact.