You will be responsible for defining and executing our off- and online paid user acquisition & retention strategies, optimizing campaigns and funnels, refining our brand strategy, and performing analytics. You will be part of the executive management team, manage a small team of marketers, work cross-functionally with our Operations, Engineering, Data, and Creative teams, and manage all external marketing partners.
We are looking for someone who is able to think at a strategic level while still being hands-on with careful attention to detail. You should relish making recommendations regarding marketing spend/mix and executing independently with minimal oversight. You are expected to hit ambitious marketing performance targets. You will be working with a multi-million dollar budget and a small team and should be extremely comfortable with that.
The right candidate will be a highly analytical marketer with strength in paid acquisition marketing, particularly on the Facebook and Google advertising platforms, and direct response TV advertising. You will also have extensive experience with customer re-engagement efforts and email marketing. You should have an eye for optimizing creatives and various ad types. You must be comfortable launching and optimizing campaigns at scale, effectively handling the day-to-day execution across channels to achieve specific ROI objectives, while also methodically testing new growth strategies. You enjoy providing direction to 3rd party vendors. And you are passionate about fostering the professional growth of your direct reports.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define our direct response and online customer acquisition & retention strategy and lead its execution
- Effectively allocate and deploy a growing multi-million dollar marketing budget with a view at hitting specific ROI goals related to yield, CPL, CAC, and LTV
- Develop, execute, monitor and optimize all aspects of paid performance marketing channels including: Direct Response TV, SEM, Display, Paid Social, Retargeting, Affiliates and other paid channels
- Build, manage and foster the professional growth of a team of 2-4 smart, driven and highly professional performance marketers who are still early in their careers
- Develop and manage relationships with external marketing partners, incl. creative/media agencies, bidding optimization platforms, and data analytics solutions
- Set up and evolve systems, processes and reporting to analyze daily, weekly and monthly channel performance
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive landing page/ad creative/product feed optimization to improve channel performance, including brand and creative direction to the Photo, Video, Copy, and Design teams
- Develop and manage the corporate social media strategy in support of our efforts to build a consumer lifestyle brand
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years of direct response off- and online marketing with consistent and sustainable success in a growth stage B2C company with a strong web and mobile presence - hands-on campaign creation and execution experience is essential
- Minimum of 2 years of responsibility for hiring, managing, and guiding the professional growth of direct reports
- Deep experience defining, analyzing and reporting on performance marketing metrics in a multi-channel environment (i.e., CPM, CPI, CPC, CPL, CPA, ARPU, ROAS, CAC, LTV, Yield)
- Thorough understanding of attribution models, customer cohorts, and data analysis - SQL experience is a plus
- Tactical experience working within digital channels (Display, Social, Search, Mobile and Affiliate), including Facebook and Google
- Experience working with direct response TV, including guidance and management of creative development, in-market testing, and roll-out
- A highly analytical mind that can derive insights, recommendations and action plans leveraging performance metrics, market trends, customer behavior and business data sets
- Experience with an MMP such as Adjust
- Experience with Kenshoo or equivalent marketing platform is a plus
Touch of Modern is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.