Note: This is an entry-level, in-house freelance copywriter position (NOT a remote position).
Touch of Modern needs a quick writer with a love of discovery to create high-quality copy for our myriad of incredible products. The ideal candidate can keep up with high volume and be adaptable to a wide range of product categories. This position is based out of the San Francisco office and is perfect for kick-starting your writing career.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating and editing compelling content for our sales on a daily basis (tech, apparel, luxury decor and other accessories).
- Researching featured goods to ensure accurate information is being provided on our website.
- Collaborating with Buyers and Coordinators.
- Keeping up-to-date with pop culture, advertising strategies, and market/men’s fashion trends.
- Contributing a high volume of product descriptions that blend editorial and technical information.
- Functioning with a high degree of autonomy.
- Editing information with an eye on the ToMo voice.
What you'll bring to this role:
- At least 1-2 years experience working as a copywriter/editor.
- Ability to learn basic content management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in real-world experience.
- Passion for modern design and innovative tech.
- Preferred experience in retail, merchandising, and customer service
For consideration, please provide a resume highlighting any relevant experience you may have, as well as a link to your website or portfolio.
Touch of Modern is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.