After a successful year of operating with profitability, we're looking to grow our engineering team. If you're an engineer with a few years of Ruby specialization under your belt, and curiosity that spans our stack, we need your help to scale!
- Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Redis, Redshift, jQuery, Objective-C, Swift, Java, AWS
- Web, iPhone, iPad, Android
For a taste of what ToMo Engineering can be - here are some projects the engineering team have conquered thus far:
- Automated self-optimizing image conversion algorithm
- Proprietary email and push marketing platform that handles over 2k email sends per second
- In-house warehouse, inventory, and transportation management platforms
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with our designers, product people, and other engineers to design, build, and ship new features from scratch
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, and security of applications in production
- Perform user testing, A/B testing, and other continuous improvement projects
- Persuasively communicate ideas with the team
- Execute on non-trivial projects independently with minimal supervision, and together with others on teams
- Drive the direction of the product and make a meaningful impact on what the company delivers
- Build an e-commerce platform unlike any other!
What you bring to this role:
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails in production environments (extra points for using Redis in a non-trivial way too)
- BS in Computer Science and/or adequate professional experience
- Experience participating in a web development team at a start-up or in a start-up environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills that lend themselves to a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Mobile experience is a plus
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities are a major plus
Touch of Modern is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.