#1. Are you passionate about Fashion and ready to turn Touch of Modern into the preferred online shopping destination for Men’s Apparel?
With millions of unique monthly mobile app and website visitors and 300+ daily new product selections, Touch of Modern is the premier discovery app for men interested in unique and novel lifestyle products. As our Apparel Category Manager, you will be responsible for turning Touch of Modern into the preferred Apparel shopping destination for discerning men. You will be responsible for developing and implementing a growth strategy for our Men’s Apparel, Accessories & Shoes category that expands our daily assortment, driving revenue and margin increases. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is passionate about Men’s Apparel, ready to leverage her/his deep industry expertise, and wants to be part of an enthusiastic and dynamic Sales team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and refine our Apparel, Accessories & Shoes category growth strategy based on a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, sourcing options, consumer trends, and analytics around customer buying behavior
- Build and manage vendor pipeline to optimize product selection and availability, incl. development of strategic partnerships with key vendors, importers, distributors, and manufacturers
- Define our Fashion merchandising strategy and select our daily product assortment based on a deep understanding of Touch of Modern customer browsing and purchasing behaviors
- Consistently achieve monthly revenue and margin targets, driving regular category forecasts, operational updates, and business reviews
- Track and continuously improve margins and sell-through by testing and determining the optimal pricing strategy across the entire selection of Apparel, Accessories & Shoes
- Partner cross-functionally to minimize damages, returns, and markdowns and provide advice on private label roadmap for Apparel
- Drive participation in trade shows and lead international sourcing trips
- Partner with and provide guidance to a small team of Sales Operations specialists who support the Apparel, Accessories & Shoes categories
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5+ years as a senior-level sourcer and/or business developer in the Men’s Apparel vertical
- Deep passion for and understanding of luxury Apparel distribution as well as intimate familiarity with smaller independent, up-and-coming brands
- Outstanding business development, sales, negotiations and closing, and partnership management skills
- Impressive track record of achieving aggressive sales, revenue and margin targets
- Demonstrated success developing growth strategies, driving their execution, and running a business day-to-day with close attention to detail
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to secure new partnerships, and attend trade shows
- Bachelor's degree
Touch of Modern is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.