Touchlab is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our development team. We are a New York based mobile development shop which produces remarkable software for the world. After joining our team, you will help develop and carry out an effective test process. From things that change the world
, to things that make you laugh
, you will ensure the success of an array of applications and open source projects.
In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Touchlab also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) in our office.
What you will be doing
- Plan, schedule and implement testing activities
- Report bugs with reproduction steps and device logs
- Reproduce and write up issues based on user feedback
- Actively suggest improvements in testing tools for better test coverage
- Writing and organizing test plans that other testers can follow
- Exploratory testing based on an understanding of device capabilities
- Relevant professional experience testing native mobile applications
- Understanding of QA testing methodologies
- Ability to take initiative and define what should be tested and how
- Ability to communicate your process and findings effectively through documentation and reports
- 2+ Years of professional testing experience
- Familiar with test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Espresso, Appium, Calabash, Robotium, etc…) and developing automated tests
- Comfortable working with Agile teams
- Experience with multiple platforms and cross-platform
In addition to fair, negotiable salaries, Touchlab team members receive a complete benefits package. Our flexible hours and work from home policy ensure everyone can prioritize family life. 401k, Health, and Life insurance plans provide options for financial security.
Regular team activities include weekly team lunches, daily stretch groups, and occasional after-work events. Our office building also includes weekly yoga classes, happy hours, and an in-house hair salon.
Who we are
Touchlab is a mobile acceleration partner based in NYC. We advise on mobile "next" practices and develop mobile apps for iOS, Android and Kotlin Multiplatform as a Google Certified Agency™. We give our team members the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects as well as contribute to our open source endeavors. We’re heavily involved in sorting out the future of multiplatform development, including work with Kotlin/Native. Check out our blog to learn more.
Our team has built software that’s changed the way medical research gets done, enabled Ugandans to protect their forests, improved the way New Yorkers interact with their city and allowed NBA players to order pizza from Bluetooth-enabled sneakers.