TouchCast is a group of video technologists, inventors, entrepreneurs, producers, app designers, former journalists and educators determined to bring video communications and collaboration into every business and every school. At TouchCast, we believe technology should connect us and help us communicate in a more human way. We are building a family of Smart Video products which includes TouchCast Studio, an award-winning app that turns an iPad into an interactive TV studio; and TeamTime, an end-to-end enterprise video solution that transforms meetings.
- Ability to think critically, conduct research and creatively solve problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders and peers, and the ability to collaborate as a team.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimise your code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Prepare documentation for code you write so that is easy for others to understand
- Experience working with HTML/CSS, particularly taking a design and turning it into clean, hand-coded HTML and CSS. You must be able to produce design correct implementations with graceful degradation on all browsers on desktop and mobile (responsive design).
- Experience with HTML5 (be aware of HTML5 APIs like Web Workers, WebSocket API) and CSS3, LESS/SASS.
- Experience working with APIs (RESTful), integrating a third-party API, understanding cross-domain requests, SSL.
- Experience with build systems such as Grunt.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance.
- Good English skills written and spoken.
Bonus points if you have
- Some experience with server side scripting languages such as PHP.
- Detailed portfolio that clearly demonstrates your current abilities.
- Github profile
This position is based in either the Ukraine or New York, NY. TouchCast is headquartered in New York City with offices in London, Ukraine, and India.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary;
- Work in a modern, open concept office
- All modern equipment and high-performance workstations;
- Possibility of professional development;
- Possibility to attend conferences;
- Paid vacation and sick leave;
- Friendly team and coworkers;
- Team-building events;
- Stocked kitchen with coffee and snacks ;)