Software Reseller Channel Manager - New York, NY
TouchCast is the world’s fastest growing end-to-end video solution. We offer the most powerful video tools through ‘Smart Video’ -- video that is interactive, easy-to-make and collaborative. You’ll be designing across three core video authoring applications as well as a secure video management system. Enterprise companies use our tools for internal communications all over the world. Educators use our products for teaching, student presentations, and collaboration. And we’re just getting started.
Joining the TouchCast team means joining our family. We are 60+ passionate, committed people. We enthusiastically build products that serve our clients well and their success will always be job one.
The Software Reseller Channel Manager wins, maintains, and expands relationships with assigned software reseller channel partners. Reporting to the COO, the Channel Manager will be responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives. The Channel Manager represents the entire range of TouchCast’s products and services to assigned partners however his/her initial objectives will be to help establish our channel program and then focus on driving sales and usage of our new Windows and Mac based products.
Channel Managers develop, service, and grow relationships with channel partners.. This role will include developing sales strategies, negotiating with partners;training and developing their sales team; and devising and implementing marketing incentive programs for front-line
- The Channel Manager will be the key point of contact between TouchCast and our channel partners. Performing this duty takes excellent customer service skills, marketing acumen and negotiating experience.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other TouchCast sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
Channel Managers have to be excellent communicators. They must be active listeners who take the time to comprehend what others say and then use the information they learn to build relationships. They have to be socially perceptive and aware of nonverbal cues to feel out how a negotiation is going, and be able to adjust accordingly. Channel Managers also have to be innovative in their quest to help their channel partners effectively sell their product. In addition to these skills and personality traits, employers are looking for Channel Manager candidates with the following skills and abilities:
- Highly motivated with great leadership qualities and people management skills
- Crafting and implementing channel sales strategies to meet monthly sales quota
- Developing and maintaining partner and prospective partner relationships through the use of CRM software
- Negotiating contracts and growth plans with current and prospective channel partners
- Ability to use leadership and sales acumen to train and develop sales staff
- Ability to use analytical skills to analyze Key Performance INdicators to determine the health of a channel partner relationship
- Use spreadsheets to track sales results and monitor KPIs
- Use CRM software to organize and monitor current and prospective partners who are in various stages of the sales cycle; allowing the entire sales team to be on the same page when communicating with prospective partners
- Comfortable with social media to identify potential channel partners, as well as identify decision makers to contact within the organization
This position is based in New York, NY. TouchCast is headquartered in New York City with offices in London, Ukraine, and India.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary;
- Work in a modern, open concept office
- All modern equipment and high-performance workstations;
- Possibility of professional development;
- Possibility to attend conferences;
- Paid vacation and sick leave;
- Friendly team and coworkers;
- Team-building events;
- Stocked kitchen with coffee and snacks ;)