Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced content driven strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal’s Director of Brand and Product Marketing is the messaging, visual and voice leader. You will tell our product story while building and protecting the Tonal brand, establish our voice and design our aesthetic. You own the messaging at every stage of the funnel, brand planning process, lead the marketing mix development strategy and own Go-To-Market deployment across the entire company. You are essentially the hub that both internal and cross-functional teams intersect to bring Tonal to the greater populace.
You will be the champion of product market fit, working to identify the key messages and channels to help us reach each customer group. You will arm revenue and sales with all of the message and assets they need to support paid acquisition, nurture, conversion, and training. You will own the top of funnel for our products.
You will ensure exceptional brand experience in the real world through meticulous implementation of brand activation, experiential campaigns and asset development. You will work intricately with cross-functional teams to bring the brand to life, fulfill marketing and sales initiatives while serving as the chief liaison between Tonal HQ, creative agencies, partners and community members. You will be at the front line presenting the Tonal brand to the world and engaging our growing community of members. You are a brand nerd and student of the craft. Through your leadership, you leverage your technical expertise to identify risks, challenges, and roadblocks within a project and generate solutions for resolving them quickly, build and manage a Brand and Product Marketing that scales with growth.
What You Will Do
- Drive initiatives to grow brand awareness and fill the top of funnel
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies
- Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get key customers to “take action”
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Coach the team and get the best from everyone
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues
- Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product strategy
- Develop & lead campaigns, and measure the effectiveness of campaigns as well as the campaign strategy over time
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions
- Brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies and campaigns
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics
- Analyze how our brand is positioned in the market and crystalize targeted consumers insights
- Take brand ownership and provide the vision, mission, goals and strategies to match
- Build product marketing strategy that builds messaging and launch process to introduce new features and functionality
- Build and manage a team responsible for developing go-to-market and marketing plans which include key activities, customer value, and market differentiation to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new ones
- Provide thoughtful and impactful ideas/input back to Product Management to help continuously improve the product and keep Tonal informed about customer feedback and data gathered in the field
- Identify different use cases of our evolving product capabilities, craft underlying messaging frameworks articulating these use cases for customers, prospective customers, and internal teams
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned
- Relay customer, sales and market insights, including segmentation data, to help inform product roadmap decisions and strategy. Help establish and communicate product and campaign KPIs
- Growth Mindset - A deep understanding of data and how to use data to perform analysis and make informed decisions
- Drive engagement with key industry analysts and ensure Tonal’s story is understood and represented accurately across all brand channels: Social, Media, Retail, Events, etc.
Who You Are
- Proven working experience as brand leader at cutting edge consumer brand
- Have experience selling and messaging high priced items
- Drive for results and leaderships skills
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix and identify emerging trends
- Highly creative: Able to see beyond the challenge of where to start - to a clear vision of the big picture and steps required to finish with a compelling deliverables
- A dedicated partner to Product Management who contributes to product strategy
- Extensive experience developing and validating positioning, category creation, messaging, and competitive segmentation
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Ability to set strategic vision for the team, manage and coach a team of high performers, and define and communicate priorities
- Analytical chops & inclination to measure everything in a data-informed way
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Ability to articulate and receive written and verbal feedback
- You are low ego, collaborative, and a fast learner
- MBA a plus