Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a Subject Matter Expert to perform field repair services and recommend workflow improvements to help scale operations. In this role, you will troubleshoot product issues, complete repairs at Customer locations, and contribute to the program’s overall development. We will look to you to help track and document issues, as well as recommend solutions. This role includes working directly with Engineering to deliver product feedback and communicate what internal support is needed. This role will have a direct impact in crafting our Customer Experience.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep expertise in Tonal. You will be our eyes and ears in the field and you’ll know what to watch for
- Visit Bay Area Customer locations to troubleshoot issues and perform any necessary product repairs
- Speak with Customers in person, over the phone, and email
- Contribute to company documentation, including but not limited to: Installer/Technician manuals, articles for internal and external knowledge bases, and feedback reports
- Work proactively and efficiently, identifying issues and researching solutions to offer a recommendation.
- Cover flexible hours. This position includes some on-call work, including nights and weekends
Who You Are
- A licensed driver
- 3-5 years experience in service & repair with demonstrated Customer Service skills. You enjoy helping others and you believe the Customer is always right
- A hardware enthusiast. You regularly fix up cars or take computers apart - or both! You like knowing how things work, and you understand how one theory might apply to many settings
- You like software, too! You keep up with the latest tech and you’re generally the person to fix the WiFi.
- Working under pressure comes as second nature; you excel at navigating gray areas
- A strong communicator with a commitment to quality. You deliver detailed information in a clear and concise way. You always measure twice to cut once
- You have a car/truck regularly available to you
- Passionate about strength training, exercise, health and fitness