Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced content driven strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You'll Do
- Work with a small group of 3-5 developers, a product owner, and a graphic designer to regularly ship new features
- Develop highly visual, consumer-facing mobile applications in Dart with Flutter
- Write unit tests, improve code quality, and deliver high-quality features
Who You Are
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 2+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- Desire to work in a startup environment, able to self-manage and work remotely
- Have published two or more mobile apps in Google Play or App Store
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Expert knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Expert in the full mobile development lifecycle, including automated testing and building
- Master in an agile development process
- Experience using version control and continuous integration, with tools such as Git and Jenkins
- Strong experience working with modern, strongly-typed programming languages such Dart, Go, Kotlin, Rust, TypeScript, etc.
- A quick, self-guided learner
- Passionate about learning new technologies and experimenting
- Experience working with designers to deliver high quality user interfaces
- Excellent attention to detail
- Interest in and a passion for health, fitness, and/or strength training
- Familiarity with integrating and streaming video
- Fluency in Java, Kotlin, Swift, and/or Objective-C