Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced content driven strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
The Mechanical Technician role provides critical support for the Hardware Engineering Team to design and develop new mechanical and electro-mechanical systems. Primary activities involve evaluating, testing and qualifying componentry for new product concepts as well as existing products and accessories. This role also leads organization and ongoing development of the on-site machine workshop, including the equipment, tools and materials. As our Mechanical Technician, you will work closely with design engineers to rapidly develop new ideas through testable prototypes utilizing both internal and external resources.
What You Will Do
- Build expertise in Tonal products and accessories
- Fabricate/source rapid prototype components
- Build/assemble prototypes and sub-assemblies
- Basic electronics assembly, cabling, rework and repair
- Provide assembly test, feedback and documentation
- Plan and execute testing on Tonal products
- Debug electro-mechanical prototypes
- Help generate new concept ideas and solutions
- Support in-field service program
- This position may require international travel
Who You Are
- Experience as a Mechanical Technician or Lab Specialist
- Capable and excited to be hands on with Tonal’s products
- Works well independently, but also asking for help when needed
- Enjoys complex mechanical systems
- Familiar with consumer electronics and electro-mechanical systems
- Proficiency with shop tools & equipment (mill, lathe, cnc, water jet, welding, etc)
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping methods is a plus (3D print, laser-cut)
- Analytical problem solver
- Detail oriented
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Team player with high integrity
- Open to feedback and constantly striving to improve
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.