Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced content driven strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for someone passionate about health and fitness to join our QA team. In this role, you will work with Product Managers, Engineering, and Hardware teams to ensure our product meets our functional specifications and quality standards. If you have a high bar for user experience, and love to solve challenging problems with creative approaches, Tonal is the place for you.
What You Will Do
- Maintain a high bar for product quality and user experience
- Create robust test plans and test cases to ensure full test coverage
- Automate tests using internal and open source tools & infrastructure
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Validate and repro incoming bugs from external sources. Verify bugs are unique and valid before adding to the bug tracker and/or product backlog
- Highlight issues to project leads and push back on releases when quality standards are not met
- Verify the successful resolution of all bugs reported fixed. Iterate with engineers as needed
- Work with front-end, back-end, and hardware API teams to create testable sub-systems
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years QA experience in Software or Firmware
- 3+ years of experience in writing scripts in at least one language (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of QA best practices and methodologies within an Agile development environment
- Experience testing Android and iOS applications
- Experience utilizing testing and debugging tools for front and back-end systems
- High attention to detail that is focused on bug detection with a creative approach to problem solving
- High attention to details and focus on finding bugs on software-firmware-hardware level
- Experience collaborating with R&D, Hardware, Product, etc
- Great communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience using common VCS like SVN, GIT, Bitbucket, Mercurial etc
- Experience with Atlassian products, Testrail, Google Office