Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced content driven strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a highly communicative and organized DevOps Engineer to drive and manage our cloud infrastructure. Support a talented group of developers, use cutting edge technology, and ensure that customers are up and workout out around the clock.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to support the full stack of system infrastructure
- Manage AWS infrastructure for Tonal software
- Focus on automation, you should be able to read and write multiple languages to facilitate automation wherever it is needed
- Improve deployment process, working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Improve monitoring and alerting for key cloud services
- Provide on-call support for production issues
Who You Are
- In-depth skill and hands-on experience in the following areas required:
- Experienced with at least 3 of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, or Stackstorm
- Expert command of configuration management and an ability to build your desired state
- Deep understanding of distributed system design and dependency management
- Have a strong grasp of monitoring tools, approach and implementation
- Able to show examples of previous work exploiting containerized services
- Experienced in continuous integration practices & tools (Jenkins, Travis CI etc…)
- Established history of working for a startup in an agile environment
- Proficient in Golang (preferred), Java, NodeJS, or Python
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience working in a true DevOps environment with daily collaborations
- English as a business language
- Belief that DevOps is more than a job title or a marketing fad!
- Experience with NGINX, Jenkins, TravisCI, BitRise
- Delivering consumer products to market at a high release velocity
- Deep passion for health, wellness, and fitness